News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

870 special purpose supuer mag

Started by Beards n bbq, June 20, 2018, 09:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roost 1

Quote from: captpete on July 22, 2018, 11:46:35 AM
I know this is an older thread, but was reading through it it got me to wondering when my 870 Special Purpose Magnum was made. The barrel stamp is "SP". I looked it up on the link that Clark provided. The month code doesn't show an "S" and if I just use the year code it have been made in 1995. I bought the gun new Sept. of 2001(have the original sale receipt and paper work). I actually ordered it to get the camo I wanted. Would this gun have been sitting in the warehouse for 6 years?
f

I would guess the "SP" means special purpose.

captpete

Quote from: ShootingABN! on July 22, 2018, 01:29:12 PM
No way it sat around for six years. Then you ordered it in camo and you got it. Something is amiss.

I know this is an older thread, but was reading through it it got me to wondering when my 870 Special Purpose Magnum was made. The barrel stamp is "SP". I looked it up on the link that Clark provided. The month code doesn't show an "S" and if I just use the year code it have been made in 1995. I bought the gun new Sept. of 2001(have the original sale receipt and paper work). I actually ordered it to get the camo I wanted. Would this gun have been sitting in the warehouse for 6 years?

That is what I was thinking also. Those are the only marking on the left side of the barrel other than the shell length marking.

captpete

Quote from: Roost 1 on July 22, 2018, 02:17:52 PM
f

I would guess the "SP" means special purpose.

I was wondering about that possibly being it also.