OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

lead still kills

Started by frank1969, April 24, 2011, 12:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1969

here in pa we had our youth hunt 5 kids i know got birds mine was one 4 shot 20s with win xx mag #5  shots were taken at 10 yards /  2 at 20 / 1 at at a laserd 41/and the last at 32 all one shot kills my son is the one that shot at 10 yards he has killed 3 longbeards in 3 years his longest shot with his 1187 remy 20 as 15 yards  the jist of this is if you do your job you dont need nitros or heavy shot i think its time to get back to hunting and not just killing to brag and post a pic i read post of 50 and 60 yard kills bring them in tight and respect the bird

Kylongspur88

I'm the only guy out of all my buddies that shoots hevi shot and this will be my first year using it. All the rest are using lead 4's and 5's and no one can say they've had a bird get away. Lead is still what 90% of the folks around here shoot. They look at the price of hevi and just say no thanks if it ain't broke don't fix it.
Congrats on the pile of birds.

dawei

Quote from: frank1969 on April 24, 2011, 12:08:02 PM
here in pa we had our youth hunt 5 kids i know got birds mine was one 4 shot 20s with win xx mag #5  shots were taken at 10 yards /  2 at 20 / 1 at at a laserd 41/and the last at 32 all one shot kills my son is the one that shot at 10 yards he has killed 3 longbeards in 3 years his longest shot with his 1187 remy 20 as 15 yards  the jist of this is if you do your job you dont need nitros or heavy shot i think its time to get back to hunting and not just killing to brag and post a pic i read post of 50 and 60 yard kills bring them in tight and respect the bird
Very, very true - congratulations to you and your son!

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

surehuntsalot

I still use lead quite a bit,been killing birds with it for years,don't see no reason to stop using it
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

dawei

Quote from: surehuntsalot on April 25, 2011, 10:23:38 PM
I still use lead quite a bit, been killing birds with it for years, don't see no reason to stop using it
I don't either.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given