OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Unsung pot call makers

Started by Spitten and drummen, July 04, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

va longbeard

Eddie Wynne, Roger Parks, Mark Cornelius, Dustin Jones, Mark Cunningham Footballer, David Loftis and Chad Hutchinson Stumpy.

captpete

I will mention Gary Taylor...Stone Road Turkey Calls. He use to be a regular here, but haven't seen him around for awhile. I have a Cherry /slate that goes on every hunt with me and a Spalted Maple that has become a shelf queen. Nothing special about either one except that they are completely full of turkey.

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

mufishgrad

I've got a crystal call from footondahead by Drew Able. It's easily my best sounding, most reliable call.

Wvgobbler

Andy Kaiser makes a heck of a good sounding pot. Stumpy makes the best ceramic I've ever heard or played!! Both of theses call makers are right there at the top with all the other higher call makers in my opinion.

sbbow

Paul Hicks jr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REBELYELL

Dave Tyree
Daryl Slaton
Tim Sandford
Jeff Graham
Jake Naessen
Gary Joffrian
Gary Taylor
Russell Beard
Ray Tompkins
Steve Harrison
Karl Lausman
Gregg Guthridge
Alan Sentell

sixbird

Guy who you all may know but new to me is Blackstone calls, Dustin Jones...I mean, WOW!

yelpaholic

Agree with Doug morgan and Gary joffrian. Both Mississippi guys . And great calls

va longbeard

Quote from: sixbird on July 16, 2018, 12:07:26 PM
Guy who you all may know but new to me is Blackstone calls, Dustin Jones...I mean, WOW!

You must have took my recommendation Dustin builds a great call!

TauntoHawk

Kind of like Halloran, Lyle at houndstooth builds set calls in set configs not make to order custom per say but you can't sleep on the quality of them. I had a cherry ceramic that was down right unfair in the woods. I broke that call but I have yet to find a ceramic that was as sweet as that one I simply need to just buy another.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

North of 8

243kid

Mac Calls - Mark Cornelius
Black stone -  Dustin Jones
High Class Calls - Matt VanCise
McLaughlin Turkey Calls - Mark McLaughlin

greencop01

Al Hobart Enticer Turkey Calls, a guy that is excited about his calls. I have two of his a Silver Fox and a corion aluminum. Thay are hunted every year for over ten years and I will not part with them, killer pots. They tickle gobbler ears!    :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

land cruiser

+1,fully agree. He is extremely underrated and what you get for a very reasonable price can easily compete with call makers that have a 2+ year wait list