turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Unsung pot call makers

Started by Spitten and drummen, July 04, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

We all know paul platz , clint corder , brad roberts , lonnie mabrey and the list goes on. I want people to list lesser known pot call makers whom you have a pot or few from that you would not part with. I have a 2 sided slate in mineral poplar from olin humphries that has a permenant home here. I know several of you know olin , but he makes a great pot and his name is not well known. Say what say you?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spitten and drummen

Sorry , i just realised that i posted in wrong place. Oh well , post anyway lol.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

3bailey3

HookedonHooks

Paul Durham.

This man will get the credit he deserves as one of the great pot call(and other call) makers here soon. I have a slate in a Mahoe pot from him that is unmatched.

Jeffwhitecustomcalls

Strut zone game calls and misfire turkey calls are both awesome and dont plan on ever parting with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

jryser

Footballer Mark Cunningham and Chris Brumfiel. Both of their calls replaced Dave Hollaran and Hank's. And Footballer's Paduak Slate has its own pocket. Unreal. So - I came to this site to find Hal to do TSS magic and got two of my favorite new calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jed clampett

I got 3 of Mark Cunningham's slates and I love each one of them...also TJ Johnson..crystal/slate in a walnut pot...killer call

Pooh4459

Spitten and drummen

I have a couple coming from mark. Haven't got them in my hand yet so i could not judge yet.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Brantleyville

Andy Kaiser, Stumpy, Doug Morgan, Chad Helms and I have a couple of older Larry Bean and Southland's that are good.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: jryser on July 04, 2018, 08:34:40 PM
Footballer Mark Cunningham and Chris Brumfiel.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This and not just because they make great calls, each took a chance on me paying them when I said I would as well as Mac Calls, ChainReactionGC,  Spring Creek Calls and Stumpy and they have all helped me delve into the custom call realm and I am grateful for it. I have gotten a call from each of them except Chris and that is in the work for next month, Stumpy and Spring Creek Calls and the last two were just paid today but from what I have seen and heard from each I know I will be satisfied. Also they have all been very polite to me, helped me understand a few things better and worked with me to help me get a call I truly have/will enjoy/ed. I am grateful to each of them and can't wait to get my first trumpet from Chris. It is not just about the product, it is about the customer service.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

silverspur

Marc Cornelius, Gregg Guthridge and TJ Johnson
Longbeards / Sharp Spurs

nitro

Paul B Durham

Jack Mincey from NC - definitely a master woodworker and call maker. His slate pots are excellent.
Royal Slam 2008

bobk

Wynee slate, Yingling copper and crystals , Stumpy ceramic, Howard slate and  Humphries  slate are all  excellent calls from great callmakers.

Jbird22

Agree with Brantleyville on Andy Kaiser and Doug Morgan. I'd also add Mark Cunningham aka Footballer (as others have said) and a local guy "Hoss" Simmons to the list. Hoss used to have some calls in Midwest Turkey Call under "Double S" calls best I recall.