turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Here's an ultra-rare one

Started by Yoder409, June 27, 2018, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Quaker-Boy-Boat-Paddle-Turkey-Box-Call/173383118191?hash=item285e706d6f:g:KuMAAOSwUqBbM9H4

............considering Dick started selling calls in the mid-70's and Quaker Boy didn't start incorporate until 1981.......
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

3bailey3

Funny, yes that is a rare one indeed!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Yoder409 on June 27, 2018, 09:11:04 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Quaker-Boy-Boat-Paddle-Turkey-Box-Call/173383118191?hash=item285e706d6f:g:KuMAAOSwUqBbM9H4

............considering Dick started selling calls in the mid-70's and Quaker Boy didn't start incorporate until 1981.......
Either somebody is trying to pull one over or somebody is ill informed. Just the style of the writing tells you it is not as old as claimed if nothing else. Did you tell them and if so what was the reply?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Yoder409

I'm not saying a word.......

Someone else here could probably tell you the exact year.   But I don't even think the actual term "boatpaddle" was ever used in reference to a turkey call until Neil Cost got a hold of a Walt Winterbottom call.   Guessing that was in the late 60' or early 70's........but only guessing.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Spitten and drummen

Bahahahaha. Rare as a remington 870.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Yoder409

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 27, 2018, 10:10:16 PM
Bahahahaha. Rare as a remington 870.

Yeah.......... A 1930's Remington 870........

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979

mspaci

while not a 50`s call, it is certainly an early 70`s call, Mike

nitro

Royal Slam 2008

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE