OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

**SOLD**

Started by blackfalcon, June 18, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackfalcon

Sold

Yelper

$1200     :morning:

Looks like a crack on the bottom of the mouth piece?

wchadw

Quote from: Yelper on June 18, 2018, 10:24:56 AM
$1200     :morning:
Holy ... what does Cox charge for a new one? im on his list but i didn't ask the price....

Spitten and drummen

300 for plain trumpet with bufflo horn mouthpiece. His ivory supply is gone when i talked to him last month. With ivoy mouthpiece it was 425.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

wchadw

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 18, 2018, 11:14:54 AM
300 for plain trumpet with bufflo horn mouthpiece. His ivory supply is gone when i talked to him last month. With ivoy mouthpiece it was 425.
That I can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMAC_Turkeys

Wow, who would have thought the outrageous prices on Ebay were cheap compared to this. GLWS

outdoors

Well , there's been big discussion on hear about selling at a higher price , more than the makers
Price. ..............  NICE TRUMPET .................
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

va longbeard

Not defending this but with sellers getting $400 for Platz and Corder calls which is 4 times the price paid by the original buyer in most cases is this anymore crazy?   

I don't think so.

It is arguably harder to get a trumpet from Frank it is not as easy as clicking a box and paying for it unless things have recently changed with Mr. Cox.

Simple economics supply and demand!

outdoors

$400 TO MAKE IT
         $1200 selling it
                  Can't guess what the BRO is  $500
            IT IS A NICE LOOKING CALL
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

KentuckyHeadhunter

Quote from: blackfalcon on June 18, 2018, 05:46:04 PM
I will list this call on Ebay but thought I would offer it here to give Old Gobbler members first chance rather than the collectors

:thanks:
And I agree with the rest you said.  I'm sure you will find a buyer soon.  Very nice horn Dave.
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

nitro

I own quite a few of Frank's calls ... been buying from him for almost 20 years. I have never felt like I overpaid him.  No more Ivory is a reality. 

I think it's a testimony to the quality of sound and craftsmanship that his calls bring a premium on the secondary market. I hope you sell your call for asking price- whoever gets it won't have buyer's remorse. Supply and demand dictates price.

If the cost is out of your budget, save your money until you can buy one. I despise these threads - no one should tell someone else what a call they own should sell for. If you can't afford a call, move on.

Who would ever have though a ounce of gold would cost what it does in today's market..... simple as that.

Royal Slam 2008

KentuckyHeadhunter

Well stated Andrew.   :z-winnersmiley:
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

MS Boy

PM Sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackfalcon

Thanks Andrew. I am withdrawing this call from the market for the time being
Dave

crow

If the cost is out of your budget, save your money until you can buy one. I despise these threads - no one should tell someone else what a call they own should sell for. If you can't afford a call, move on.

Who would ever have though a ounce of gold would cost what it does in today's market..... simple as that.
[/quote]

Good Post, Thanks Dave for putting it on here first.
very sharp looking trumpet