News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How do I measure? Updated with second question

Started by Sir-diealot, June 19, 2018, 07:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: daddyduke on June 20, 2018, 09:27:29 AM
I have had good results with Federal Strut-Shok.
I will be sure to try it, thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Okay, just got finished putting my calls up in the cabinet, let me go check.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

BandedSpur

Quote from: JonD. on June 19, 2018, 11:53:57 PM
I would say for your intended yardage and that choke, you should be good with just about any lead turkey load you would want to try. Some may pattern a little better than others, but you should be good as far as killing turkeys. I've tried them all at one time or another, lead and tungsten, and my favorite load is the Federal with the flight control wad #5's with a full choke. I also shoot these out of an old single shot(not very often-kicks like a mule) with a full choke that patterns well. I also shoot the Federal heavy weights #7's out of a single shot 20ga. with a full choke. They don't make these anymore (well... my opinion is the TSS are just repackaged heavyweights). The Longbeards are some tight patterning shells out of my gun with a turkey choke but anything closer than 25 yards and there is one big hole. I've been wanting to try a some out of a more open choke and see what happens, but haven't gotten around to it.

TSS is most definitely NOT repackaged HW. HWs use 15 gm/cc shot and TSS is 18 gm/cc...huge difference. With HW, shot size 7 is the norm. With TSS, it is #9.

JonD.

BandedSpur, I thought I read somewhere that the Hwt's were 18g/cc but I may be wrong. The Hwt's are some hard hitting loads, I made a few do some backflips with'em LOL. Both use the flight control wad, so when I run out, I'll try the TSS in my 20.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

BandedSpur

Quote from: JonD. on June 20, 2018, 04:00:13 PM
BandedSpur, I thought I read somewhere that the Hwt's were 18g/cc but I may be wrong. The Hwt's are some hard hitting loads, I made a few do some backflips with'em LOL. Both use the flight control wad, so when I run out, I'll try the TSS in my 20.

Federal is currently producing a load they call "Heavyweight TSS" It is in fact 18 gm/cc, but it is not the old Federal Heavy weight that has been "repackaged". Those were 15 gm/cc and are no longer being produced.