OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mounting a Turkey fan without a plaque?

Started by blake_08, June 20, 2018, 12:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blake_08

Hello all, I'm looking for ideas on displaying tail fans on a wall without buying or making a plaque. These are going out in the garage so i don't really want anything too fancy. I currently have them fleshed out and pinned and covered with borax so I'm a few weeks away from the finished product. I was thinking about getting some kind of epoxy or bondo and covering the quills if i could find something black in color, just for a more finished look. Any ideas?

daddyduke

Did my first turkey fan with cardboard that had black clothe covering it. Hot glued clothe on. Worked great and cheap.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

NC pine chicken

Put a drywall screw into the back, loop a short piece of wire around it to hang it from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonD.

If you want to use an epoxy, JB Weld works good. They will last a long time. It will be a real dark gray when dry. Also deters the mice from eating on them. The only thing is that it takes almost the whole two tubes to do one fan.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

MK M GOBL

I hang a lot of fans with these, cheap and simple. Picked them up at Walmart for a few buck and hold 8 fans each, easy to hang too. I have added a NWTF license plate on one and a CODY Calls sign to the front to dress them up :)

MK M GOBL

HartClemson99

Quote from: MK M GOBL on June 20, 2018, 07:35:08 PM
I hang a lot of fans with these, cheap and simple. Picked them up at Walmart for a few buck and hold 8 fans each, easy to hang too. I have added a NWTF license plate on one and a CODY Calls sign to the front to dress them up :)

MK M GOBL

Great idea!  I have a fan problem myself!  I can't bear to throw one away and they have added up over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion" Tom Kelly, The Tenth Legion, 1973

blake_08

Quote from: MK M GOBL on June 20, 2018, 07:35:08 PM

MK M GOBL

This looks like a good option. Thank you! What exactly is it? Is it office supplies for folders and papers?

MK M GOBL

Quote from: blake_08 on June 21, 2018, 02:19:51 PM

This looks like a good option. Thank you! What exactly is it? Is it office supplies for folders and papers?

Yup! Works out great, have used it for a regular display too!

MK M GOBL