News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Top 5 box call makers that still make calls

Started by Spitten and drummen, June 09, 2018, 02:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitro

You SC guys kill me...  :toothy12:

I have a pretty unusual paddle call from Al Willis. All Dogwood. It's a good one. Sure hate he is gone..

Quote from: davisd9 on June 27, 2018, 02:04:32 PM
If you do not have a box from Wendell Lancaster then you are missing out.
Royal Slam 2008

pinebark

Nobody mentioned Niles Oesterle... excellent box.

KYTURKEY

Frank Kruer
Jeff McKamey
Marlin Watkins
Ed Terefencko
Richard Hudson

Up and coming guys
Josh Farley
Neal Impson
Scott Witter
Brad Roberts

SJ Strutter

That last statement carries some weight from a Grand National Judge.
Tri County Longbeards Chapter President
United Bowhunters of NJ
New Jersey Outdoor Alliance

letinmfly

Quote from: SJ Strutter on June 29, 2018, 08:59:29 AM

Shows that maybe that judge isn't fair on judging calls.  No matter what a judges opinion is he/she shouldn't express it on an open forum.  As far as I'm concerned he's already swayed towards the names that are mentioned as up and coming guys. 
Stuff like this is exactly why a good number of callmakers don't bother entering calls at Nationals any longer. 

Kinda like a MLB umpire saying one of the teams in the game he's working is his favorite team.  You think his judgement/calls will be fair to all parties?   ???
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

KYTURKEY

Quote from: letinmfly on June 29, 2018, 05:51:44 PM

Shows that maybe that judge isn't fair on judging calls.  No matter what a judges opinion is he/she shouldn't express it on an open forum.  As far as I'm concerned he's already swayed towards the names that are mentioned as up and coming guys. 
Stuff like this is exactly why a good number of callmakers don't bother entering calls at Nationals any longer. 

Kinda like a MLB umpire saying one of the teams in the game he's working is his favorite team.  You think his judgement/calls will be fair to all parties?   ???

I will tell you this, I dont hide behind anything. Say what you will, i have always judged fairly. I'm sure you are not going to believe me, because the people YOU want are not on my list.  Unlike a lot of other judges, I'm not afraid to post my stuff publicly.

I stand behind every score I put in!!

Some of the calls that I thought should win, did not. That's why there are multiple judges. Just because someone you think should win doesn't,  doesn't mean that cheating was involved.

EVERY callmaker I listed, all have one thing in common. CONSISTENTCY!!!! You never hear of a bad call coming out of their shops. That's why they are at the top of the game right now!!

You can all attack me all you want on your computers, but never have any of you confronted me fce to face!!! 

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Pooh4459

I think a guy can say guys are up and coming and still be able to judge fairly. You dont have to be a judge to realize those guys are going to be good.

Sir-diealot

If you think the umps don't have favorite teams then you are foolish. They can have their favorite team and still call straight. Calling a mans honor into question is wrong. He has his own opinion and is due it just like anybody else. All the competitions I have ever seen run by or sponsored by the NWTF are blind competitions so he would not know who's is who's anyway. (Calling anyway)

I will put it this way, I am a die hard Pittsburgh STEELERS fan and I flat out hate Dallas and New England but if they are playing my STEELERS and somebody makes a great catch from those teams I acknowledge it is a good great play even though I don't like them. I am sure he is capable of doing the same thing. That said I did not watch the NFL last year and won't this year either. Go Sooners!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jryser

Quote from: KYTURKEY on June 29, 2018, 06:59:18 PM

Kinda like a MLB umpire saying one of the teams in the game he's working is his favorite team.  You think his judgement/calls will be fair to all parties?   

I will tell you this, I dont hide behind anything. Say what you will, i have always judged fairly. I'm sure you are not going to believe me, because the people YOU want are not on my list.  Unlike a lot of other judges, I'm not afraid to post my stuff publicly.

I stand behind every score I put in!!

Some of the calls that I thought should win, did not. That's why there are multiple judges. Just because someone you think should win doesn't,  doesn't mean that cheating was involved.

EVERY callmaker I listed, all have one thing in common. CONSISTENTCY!!!! You never hear of a bad call coming out of their shops. That's why they are at the top of the game right now!!

You can all attack me all you want on your computers, but never have any of you confronted me fce to face!!!
Thank you for your response. Makes complete sense to me. Honestly - the first responder about national judges being prejudiced made me wonder about your initial post but then your response was spot on. That opened my mind so thanks! 

I had to judge singers one time; and once I knew EXACTLY what we were supposed to judge it was easy. BC I knew what was supposed to be measured and I have the expertise to provide it. The winner was not a "favorite" but delivered what was asked.

Now - back to turkey calls - from a personal standpoint the measure of my calls are what I bring turkeys in with.  Some of the worst calling I've ever heard in my entire life came from actual turkeys! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paboxcall

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 11, 2018, 11:41:49 AM
Neils awesome no doubt , but I should have said living.

OK, living then, though most of those mentioned studied under Mr. Cost, or studied with someone who studied under Mr. Cost.

So, I'm adding Mr. Fulcher to the list, and my list is in no way in some descending order either. It is quite impossible to separate the ones at the top of the profession. Most importantly, all are great people.

Marlin Watkins
Jeff McKamey
Ralph Snodgrass
Billy Bush
Bob Fulcher

Quote from: paboxcall on June 10, 2018, 05:09:59 PM
Hmmmm......

Neil Cost*

Marlin Watkins
Jeff McKamey
Ralph Snodgrass
Billy Bush
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer