OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hoppe's 30 Cal. Patches

Started by Sir-diealot, July 04, 2018, 05:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shatcher

Someone mentioned an old t-shirt, which works great.  An old threadbare sheet works good too and you won't run out any time soon.

yelpy

Try Hart rifles web site. They make really good rifle patches. I've used them for years. I live about 15 minutes from the shop.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on July 04, 2018, 04:19:14 PM
Sounds like your pretty picky about your 30 cal. patches ... good luck ....
Yea I can be on many things, I am a Hoppe's fan and try to stay with them. That and like I said I was told never to use the synthetic stuff but do not recall why. I did end up ordering 1000 cotton Hoppe's patches from MidwayUSA.com
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: shatcher on July 04, 2018, 05:26:01 PM
Someone mentioned an old t-shirt, which works great.  An old threadbare sheet works good too and you won't run out any time soon.
I have not heard of a threadbare sheet, what is it? I did end up ordering 1000 cotton Hoppe's patches from MidwayUSA.com
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: yelpy on July 04, 2018, 08:13:04 PM
Try Hart rifles web site. They make really good rifle patches. I've used them for years. I live about 15 minutes from the shop.

I did end up ordering 1000 cotton Hoppe's patches from MidwayUSA.com I may look at them in the future for other stuff though. Thank you for the suggestion.

John Koenig:

yelpy

Your welcome. They have some good stuff just a bit pricey sometimes but with the shop being close it's convienent.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: yelpy on July 05, 2018, 09:53:46 AM
Your welcome. They have some good stuff just a bit pricey sometimes but with the shop being close it's convienent.

I try to keep my money local if I can, but without having a vehicle right now I am kinda limited to where I can go. I wish the guy in town knew more, it really does handicap the person that does not know a lot to begin with when the owner of the shop who should know more (That is part of being a shop owner on anything) seems to know less than I do. Nice enough guy though.

John Koenig:

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 05, 2018, 10:05:26 AM

I try to keep my money local if I can, but without having a vehicle right now I am kinda limited to where I can go. I wish the guy in town knew more, it really does handicap the person that does not know a lot to begin with when the owner of the shop who should know more (That is part of being a shop owner on anything) seems to know less than I do. Nice enough guy though.
If you really want to confuse him ask if he has any TSS..Lol..

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on July 05, 2018, 10:13:15 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 05, 2018, 10:05:26 AM

If you really want to confuse him ask if he has any TSS..Lol..
He does not, I looked. lol

John Koenig:

JonD.

Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 04, 2018, 11:43:15 PM
I have not heard of a threadbare sheet, what is it?

A bed sheet that is worn out to where you can almost see through it.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:30-31

Sir-diealot

Quote from: JonD. on July 05, 2018, 05:27:16 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on July 04, 2018, 11:43:15 PM
I have not heard of a threadbare sheet, what is it?

A bed sheet that is worn out to where you can almost see through it.
Ah okay, I had not heard that term before.

John Koenig:

Mtd69

muzzle loader patches are easy to come by if they are too big I have cut them down with sissors to use in a rifle barrel

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Mtd69 on July 16, 2018, 08:55:46 AM
muzzle loader patches are easy to come by if they are too big I have cut them down with sissors to use in a rifle barrel
Thanks for the idea, I ended up buying a thousand of the correct sized cotton patches.

John Koenig: