Started by Vaturkeyhntr, June 04, 2018, 11:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 05, 2018, 11:19:44 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 05, 2018, 08:32:40 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 05, 2018, 08:20:14 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 05, 2018, 07:49:51 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on June 05, 2018, 12:30:03 PM
I have 2 of the Nikon Turkey Pro , which are the best in my book... both of mine have the anti-glare shields ... Also for the money i have Simmons pro Diamond on my 870 , 20 gauge which has been a good scope, it has good reviews ....
What camo pattern to the Nikon Turkey Pro's use? I am a Nikon fanboy and would like to add one next year and want to see if Tarjac can match the pattern if I decide to get the gun dipped. Thanks for the help in advance.
They came in different camo patterns ... the 2 i have are mate black finish .... If you find one it will cost you between 250 - 400 dollars ....
The newer Nikons came in Matte black/ Realtree APG/and Mossy oak breakup..The older ones were Matte Black/Realtree  Hardwoods green I believe?/and one also in a Mossy oak if I remember correctly. The old ones are 1x4s. I would just get the scope dipped to match the gun imo.. :icon_thumright:
Dippers are not real big on dipping scopes, Tarjac has a disclaimer on dipping them on their page as a matter of fact. Thank you very much for the information though, I truly do appreciate it. Is Nikon still making a turkey scope? I can't seem to find any.
Matte black goes with everything!! (Trust me the Turkey's won't care) :you_rock:  and No ...They worked to good they had to discontinue them.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 05, 2018, 11:58:59 PM
I have 2 of the Nikon Turkey Pro , which are the best in my book... both of mine have the anti-glare shields ... Also for the money i have Simmons pro Diamond on my 870 , 20 gauge which has been a good scope, it has good reviews ....
What camo pattern to the Nikon Turkey Pro's use? I am a Nikon fanboy and would like to add one next year and want to see if Tarjac can match the pattern if I decide to get the gun dipped. Thanks for the help in advance.
They came in different camo patterns ... the 2 i have are mate black finish .... If you find one it will cost you between 250 - 400 dollars ....
The newer Nikons came in Matte black/ Realtree APG/and Mossy oak breakup..The older ones were Matte Black/Realtree  Hardwoods green I believe?/and one also in a Mossy oak if I remember correctly. The old ones are 1x4s. I would just get the scope dipped to match the gun imo.. :icon_thumright:
Dippers are not real big on dipping scopes, Tarjac has a disclaimer on dipping them on their page as a matter of fact. Thank you very much for the information though, I truly do appreciate it. Is Nikon still making a turkey scope? I can't seem to find any.
Matte black goes with everything!! (Trust me the Turkey's won't care) :you_rock:  and No ...They worked to good they had to discontinue them.
But the ladies like the guy that is color coordinated silly!
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 06, 2018, 02:58:31 AM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on June 05, 2018, 11:58:59 PM
But the ladies like the guy that is color coordinated silly!
I'll keep quiet on this one.... :TooFunny: :TooFunny:  :icon_thumright:

joey46

Quote from: redjones on June 05, 2018, 07:00:53 PM
I've had a Simmons pro diamond on my 11-87 for years and so far so good.

Greg
I have the Simmons also.  Make sure it is the Simmons Master Series.  I've have it on a 12 ga 870 cantilever barrel and it has performed with no problems.  You should be able to find one for under $100.  Decent eye relief.  I will occasionally switch out the choke tube and turn it into a hog or deer killer using slugs.  Good luck.

DeWayne Knight

I've run a Simmons Pro Diamond 1.5x4 for years on an 870 and an 11-87 Super Mag.  Great scope!  The diamond in the reticle makes for a great range finding tool.

Spitten and drummen

Dipped 2 scopes with no issues what so ever. Had to sign a waver but the simmons and nikon had zero issues.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 06, 2018, 09:54:49 AM
Dipped 2 scopes with no issues what so ever. Had to sign a waver but the simmons and nikon had zero issues.
Good to hear but I would much rather match gun to scope if possible, I don't have the greatest luck.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."