OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

This Past Season

Started by Turkeyhunter, June 02, 2018, 01:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeyhunter

Had a pretty good season. Killed one in Pennsylvania and one in Maryland. The highlight of this season was helping a new 13 year old turkey hunter get his first gobbler. His dad asked me if I would take him turkey hunting. I was more than happy to do so. Helped him pattern his gun and took him out on some private land in PA I have access to. After calling back and forth to a gobbler we had a hen fly in right next to the blind. She yelped and squawked and finally left, I whispered in the blind to Luke and his dad that the gobbler will probably come looking for the hen that was here. Sure enough he did and went straight for the decoys. Wasn't long before Luke had his first 20 lb 9 inch beard gobbler on the ground! One of my best hunts ever and I didn't even pull the trigger! I was very blessed this year!

MDSTRUTNRUT

NICE, taking a kid out on their first bird is AWESOME!    PRETTY WORK on your birds too, thanks for sharing.

pabossie255

Nice the fan on the boys bird looks like my one out of two gobblers I got in PA real dark colored.