Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Fiocchi 3 inch golden turkey #5 shot 1 3/4 oz patterened today

Started by mossy835, April 23, 2011, 06:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mossy835

Well I did not even save the target today on the above shells. Two rounds at twenty five yards and the pattern was not good at all. Maybe if I had more time to fiddle with different chokes it would have been better but these shells will stay home this season. Kick hard hit hard but no usable pattern at twenty five yards. I am surprised as I have used their pheasant loads with a lot of success but they do not hold a candle to the H13 6 and 7 loads.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Their phasant loads do shoot real well.  But their turkey loads just like Kent in my opinion aren't worth buying. 

mossy835

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 23, 2011, 07:36:09 PM
Their phasant loads do shoot real well.  But their turkey loads just like Kent in my opinion aren't worth buying. 
I have to second that!

new2turkey

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 23, 2011, 07:36:09 PM

:agreed:

Theres a reason they're $6 a box...  :toothy12:

pullit

I agree, the pheasant shells are good, but their turkey shells need a lot of help. They also kick like a pissed off mule.

mossy835

They do bark and kick but after two rounds I now have a box of reminders of what not to buy again. I would think Fiocchi would wake up and smell the coffee.

K9-Doc

Fiocchi Crap!  Shot the 3.5" 2 5/8 oz lead 5s out of my 11-87 SuperMag.  Broken piece fell out of my gun!
Picked up hulls and the primers were backed out, brass swollen, and broken at the edge where extracted!
Way over pressured.
Shot same load different lot# 2 years ago and it was blowing holes like a slug at 25 yds.  The pellets were apparently molten together. 
Fiocchi was real nice and offered me some free ammo! 
Never mind it could have killed someone.  Why the hell do I want anymore of your ammo?

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteI am surprised as I have used their pheasant loads with a lot of success but they do not hold a candle to the H13 6 and 7 loads.

??? NO Lead shells comapre to Hevi13 patterns at 40 yards.

trkehunr93

Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 25, 2011, 08:51:02 AM
QuoteI am surprised as I have used their pheasant loads with a lot of success but they do not hold a candle to the H13 6 and 7 loads.

??? NO Lead shells comapre to Hevi13 patterns at 40 yards.

:agreed: