turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Using bead with scope base attached.

Started by 10gaugemag, May 28, 2018, 08:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10gaugemag

Does anybody on here use their factory bead after removing their optic but still leaving the base attached to the receiver?  I am wondering if the center of the Weaver style mount is low enough to allow me to still use the factory bead.

I am wanting to mount an optic on my SX3 but really don't want to remove the base screws after every season when I want to use a bead for bird hunting. Aluminum receiver doesn't lend itself to having screws ran in and out all of the time.

Or can the FFIII and Vortex be used for wingshooting??

Rem Man

You should be good, worst case you will see top of bead but not whole thing. I have done this on several guns and never had an issue.

CrustyRusty

My sbe2 allows me to keep the base on.  I would probably stick the base on the receiver with something temporary and see how it looks.

stinkpickle

I don't know about a Weaver base, but an FFIII on a 336 or SumToy base should be fine for wingshooting.

Sir-diealot

Not sure if you are screwed right into the receiver but could you get another barrel?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

10gaugemag

Base will be screwed directly to the receiver.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 10gaugemag on June 02, 2018, 06:52:05 AM
Base will be screwed directly to the receiver.
Well that rules that out then.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."