turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

CVA Scout Build

Started by Footballer, May 25, 2018, 03:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I had an impulse buy today. I came across a CVA Scout 20 gauge turkey gun and couldn't pass on it. The store also had the new Hunter model and the Scout felt like a much better gun. The Scout has a thicker barrel and much nicer stock.

I dropped it off to get dipped in Original Bottomland. It's already drilled and tapped so I just need a choke and red dot and I'll be set. I opted for a full dip rather than the cerakote/dip combo.

I'm pumped about this build. It's a sweet little gun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Nice gun and Nice Crocs! Have a pair just like them.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Greg Massey

congrats on your purchase ....nice gun

walk2slow

Looks like the start of a good Turkey Gun, How has it turned out, does it shoot a good pattern or ?

walk2slow
Walk2Slow

Tail Feathers

I put a red dot on mine and shoot Fed HW 7's thru the factory choke.  Sweet gun and a breeze to carry and maneuver in cover.  Good purchase!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Footballer

Quote from: walk2slow on November 17, 2018, 11:53:55 AM
Looks like the start of a good Turkey Gun, How has it turned out, does it shoot a good pattern or ?

walk2slow

I gun the whole gun dipped in original Bottomland. I'll be putting on a Bushnell trs-25 red dot and then figuring out what choke to go with. I'll probably start with a Carlson's as that's what I like in my 870.

Footballer

Here she is next to my 870.

aclawrence

How's the trigger feel on that gun? Looks nice!

Footballer

Quote from: aclawrence on December 04, 2018, 09:15:44 AM
How's the trigger feel on that gun? Looks nice!

I haven't shot it yet so I can say yet. My expectations aren't too high for it.

aclawrence

Ok thanks. Maybe you can get it a tune up if need be. Looks like a convenient size to tote around.

Rem Man

I have one of these guns and they are awesome!! The trigger is probably the best I have felt. The gun with the factory choke shoots lights out! Nice gun

Greg Massey

I really like the top gun.... hey , that's like the movie Top gun...lol

3bailey3

Both guns look great, Congrats!

Tailwalk

That's freaking sweet!

BottomlandNut

I'm new to Old Gobber, so I apologize if I'm doing this wrong, but who dipped your guns in the original bottomland?