turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My two Ky Turkeys 2011

Started by BIGBOB, April 22, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBOB

I was fortunate enough to get my turkeys the first two days I hunted.This turkey crossed the road in front of me as I was driving home from hunting another spot. He was by himself, so I drove to a field a quarter mile away, and called him in. He never gobbled. I was lucky hwe was by himself.

This bird was killed opening morning, I hadnt heard anything, and at 9:00 I yelped and hens answered on the ridge above me. I kept calling the hens and he flew down 30 yrds away. He never gobbled.

scastle

thats a fine bird, but look at his wing tips he hasnt been struting. having real tough time in ky

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

new2turkey

BIGBOB

I meant to post my tip would be dont give up to quick. I was getting ready to quit and go in right before both these birds showed up. Y ou just never know when something good is about to happen even though you havent heard a gobble.I was blessed.

Hootowl

Congrats! Nice birds! What part of Kentucky Bob.

BIGBOB

Our farm is located in Trigg Co . Near  Cadiz and Lake Barkley in western ky.

ky doublelung

Quote from: BIGBOB on April 23, 2011, 06:37:30 PM
Our farm is located in Trigg Co . Near  Cadiz and Lake Barkley in western ky.

Congrats dude! That area of the state is what I like to call God's Country!

Ky strutt n bust n

congrats on some hard earned turkeys! i've been hunting in the Land between the Lakes. really not that far from you. looks like you have had great success considering the awful weather we have had. congrats

joey46

Congrats also - A very nice area/nice bird.  Good tip.  Take advantage of the all day hunting if you can.

cannonball