turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Remington 1187 New Choke

Started by RailRoader, May 06, 2018, 10:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailRoader

I have a 1187 sps 23" barrel. Shooting 3.5" shells.  The forcing cone has been lengthened. I've been shooting a Kicks 665 and nitros 4x5x7. The recommended load for the gun. Just not getting the results I'd like. Not blaming the nitros. I did kill a bird with the combination this year. Looking for choke suggestions and gonna try the nitro TSS next year. Thanks for the help.

Big Jeremy

Regardless of load/barrel/gun, I have consistently achieved my best results with Sumtoy Custom Chokes. William is on this site, and he is a good dude. Look him up...his stuff won't disappoint. I have an 870 with a 23" barrel, running his .660 and Magblends...it is nasty what comes out of it. Anything under 20-25 yards, and you better be dead-on, though. It also gave me fantastic patterns with longboard 5s and 6s.

ShootingABN!

On Nitro website it has Rhino not Kicks .665 and .660..... I've used Kicks .665, .660, and .655..... They do not compare to the Rhino .660.....

I would if you want the best with your Nitro go with the Rhino....

I just received a Sumtoy .660 and will post up in a few weeks... I can't wait to try it.... This choke has rings and lines in it.....

Good luck.

RailRoader

Thanks. Let me know how the Sumtoy does.

ShootingABN!

Quote from: RailRoader on June 14, 2018, 07:51:14 AM
Thanks. Let me know how the Sumtoy does.

You got it. Thanks for the info.