OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Fletching/Vane Colors?

Started by CootShooter, April 22, 2011, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CootShooter

Just wondering if my fletchings are too colorful for turkey hunting... what colors do you guys use while chasing thunder chickens?

new2turkey

Those are bright...  :lol:

I don't think the flash is helping either.

redarrow

You may get away with it in a blind.

Trevor2

Never hunted turkey with a bow, but I use 3 white fletching for hunting deer.
Strutstopper

WyoHunter

I used two yellow and one orange in the blind this year and the birds never noticed them. They were always watching the decoys and didn't have a clue. If I was to build an arrow specifically for turkey hunting I would use two black and one olive drab and a lighted nock such as the Nockturnal in red. But the most important thing is not moving when they look in the direction of the blind. I would also wear a black sweatshirt, camo gloves and a face mask. Good luck this year! 
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

mightyjoeyoung

In the blind, we use whatever color is tuned for the bow.  Out in the open, it's all dark colors.  FYI...get some luminocks and it won't matter what color your fletching are! :z-winnersmiley:  Luckily, or unluckily, I get to use a xbow now, thanks to a bumb left shoulder.  Sure do miss the virtical bow sometimes...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

30_06

All white fletchings with a white wrap for me. Never had any problems.

Are you shooting a whisker biscuit? It looks like some of the vanes are getting warped.