turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How much would YOU pay for a platz glass call

Started by Happy hooker, April 29, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobk

Paul makes a great call , so do numerous other call makers. What is the best call and what is it's value is truly a  personal opinion.

Spitten and drummen

Here's a idea. Buy what you want and pay what you want. I ain't saying no names but there is a guy commenting that pushes his calls but don't get too many bites because personally the ones he builds sounds like crap to me and apparently to others as well. If you think Paul doesn't build good calls then you lost your mind. He builds a nice call. Also remember Paul hasn't pushed the prices to where they are and probably doesn't care one way or another if you buy one or not. I can tell you that there is no holy grail of turkey calls. Some guys collect calls as well as hints them. Don't like the price , keep running your 40 buck calls. Some need to get off their high horse. Paul builds a fine pot call and he is a good guy and if you know him you know it's the truth.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

BottomLand54

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 01, 2018, 09:35:44 PM
Here's a idea. Buy what you want and pay what you want. I ain't saying no names but there is a guy commenting that pushes his calls but don't get too many bites because personally the ones he builds sounds like crap to me and apparently to others as well. If you think Paul doesn't build good calls then you lost your mind. He builds a nice call. Also remember Paul hasn't pushed the prices to where they are and probably doesn't care one way or another if you buy one or not. I can tell you that there is no holy grail of turkey calls. Some guys collect calls as well as hints them. Don't like the price , keep running your 40 buck calls. Some need to get off their high horse. Paul builds a fine pot call and he is a good guy and if you know him you know it's the truth.
Good saying

I like to get mine at Walmart so I can pickup diapers and pacifiers for all the cry babies on here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris O

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 01, 2018, 03:30:14 PM
Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 01, 2018, 02:16:19 PM
I know that some will hate me for saying this, but it is what it is. I'm not slamming Paul, he makes a nice call. But from what I'm seeing, all of this "ISO Paul Platz" and Paul Platz this or that, isn't about he makes the best sounding call in the world. News flash, he doesn't. What this is really about is a few individuals scarfing up as many of his calls as they can and driving up the price. That's what this is really about. Hate me if you will but I've always called BS and told it like it was even if it hurts your feelings!

Mic DROP!

P.S. It will be evident who are the ones that feel guilty.
I guess I'm one of those people ::) even though I only own 5 Platz pots (4 glass and 1 slate) and none are doubles. I have owed pots by you and just about every bigger named call Maker and in my opinion Paul's pots are the best sounding I have owed. I work 40 hours a week and will spend my money on what I want and if that means spending $200 on a Platz pot I will. As far as buying Platz pots and reselling them, I have sold 1 Platz in the last year and the guy who bought it offered the price not me. There's another "ISO Platz" post on the classifieds right now were the guy says that he "has doubles of 3 of the harder to find Platz" and Paul himself told me that 3 of mine are harder to find because he didn't make many, if you don't think that's fishy you are crazy. Don't lump people into things when you don't know what's going on. Mic drop!!!
I agree 100% with both of you guys. You are both right. If you want the calls it's your money nothing wrong with that and if you sell something for more than what you paid and the buyer agreed there is nothing wrong with that at all either. I would probably pay 200$ for a Platz call just to say I have one but not a penny more. I know I won't find one anyway so I don't even look for them I will spend my money on the smaller call builders and get great customer service for a lot less money

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: BottomLand54 on May 01, 2018, 09:38:16 PM
Good saying

I like to get mine at Walmart so I can pickup diapers and pacifiers for all the cry babies on here as well.

That's a fact. Never seen so many people worrying about what a man spends his money on.

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

compton30

Shocking development, the callmaker who pimps their own calls harder than any on this site is the same one to say another guy doesn't make an exceptional call. Who'd have thought?

CMBOSTC

As I said, "It will be evident who are the ones that feel guilty."

In order for a call to be exceptional, in my opinion, it must look and sound exceptional. There are a ton of exceptional looking calls out there.

BottomLand54

I'm selling all my paul platz calls.....

Starting big 734.29

I am going with mad game calls Walmart had a roll back last night.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

CMBOSTC

Your statement about others feeling the same as you do about my calls couldn't be further from reality. Sure, some don't like them... but a lot do. You usually chime in when you are felling guilty and you usually do it in an weasely way.

CMBOSTC

I know that some will hate me for saying this, but it is what it is. I'm not slamming Paul, he makes a nice call. But from what I'm seeing, all of this "ISO Paul Platz" and Paul Platz this or that, isn't about he makes the best sounding call in the world. News flash, he doesn't. What this is really about is a few individuals scarfing up as many of his calls as they can and driving up the price. That's what this is really about. Hate me if you will but I've always called BS and told it like it was even if it hurts your feelings!

Mic DROP!

I guess I'm one of those people ::) even though I only own 5 Platz pots (4 glass and 1 slate) and none are doubles. I have owed pots by you and just about every bigger named call Maker and in my opinion Paul's pots are the best sounding I have owed. I work 40 hours a week and will spend my money on what I want and if that means spending $200 on a Platz pot I will. As far as buying Platz pots and reselling them, I have sold 1 Platz in the last year and the guy who bought it offered the price not me. There's another "ISO Platz" post on the classifieds right now were the guy says that he "has doubles of 3 of the harder to find Platz" and Paul himself told me that 3 of mine are harder to find because he didn't make many, if you don't think that's fishy you are crazy. Don't lump people into things when you don't know what's going on. Mic drop!!!

Buying a pot or two from me doesn't buy my silence about what is going on. You're just mad that I called you out on it.

CMBOSTC

Quote from: compton30 on May 02, 2018, 05:38:26 AM
Shocking development, the callmaker who pimps their own calls harder than any on this site is the same one to say another guy doesn't make an exceptional call. Who'd have thought?

"Pimps", yes I enjoy sharing my calls with you guys. I have no problem saying that another callmaker makes an exceptional call if they actually do. FYI, I can think of several.

BottomLand54

Somebody call shark tank,      Or Judge Judy!

CMBOSTC

Quote from: MDTOM84 on May 02, 2018, 08:14:25 AM
Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 02, 2018, 07:49:17 AM

Mic DROP!

Buying a pot or two from me doesn't buy my silence about what is going on. You're just mad that I called you out on it.
boy oh boy is someone jealous?? You didn't call me out on anything. You being the guy that has to beg guys to buy your stuff

Of you, that's arrogant. Beg? Now your just being petty.

BottomLand54

Guy seriously the guy asked how much would someone pay for a paul platz call,

The answer is however much someone wants to pay!

Let's not argue and fuss here, we all see things differently so let's all get along and hunt turkeys.