OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much would YOU pay for a platz glass call

Started by Happy hooker, April 29, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dixiemagnum80

Some guys buy fords I ain't never understood that

Amen.....my thoughts exactly :popcorn:

land cruiser

Quote from: dixiemagnum80 on May 01, 2018, 10:31:34 AM

Some guys buy fords I ain't never understood that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen.....my thoughts exactly :popcorn:
[/quote]Now that's easy, Ford just makes a better truck:D
LMAO

JLH

Kool aid is very expensive......and some people just can't get enough.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: JLH on May 01, 2018, 12:34:52 PM
That's only if it's Colorado kool-aid....

CMBOSTC

I know that some will hate me for saying this, but it is what it is. I'm not slamming Paul, he makes a nice call. But from what I'm seeing, all of this "ISO Paul Platz" and Paul Platz this or that, isn't about he makes the best sounding call in the world. News flash, he doesn't. What this is really about is a few individuals scarfing up as many of his calls as they can and driving up the price. That's what this is really about. Hate me if you will but I've always called BS and told it like it was even if it hurts your feelings!

Mic DROP!

P.S. It will be evident who are the ones that feel guilty.

davisd9

Quote from: JLH on May 01, 2018, 12:34:52 PM

Especially when you can build your own off a website.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 01, 2018, 02:16:19 PM
I know that some will hate me for saying this, but it is what it is. I'm not slamming Paul, he makes a nice call. But from what I'm seeing, all of this "ISO Paul Platz" and Paul Platz this or that, isn't about he make the best sounding call in the world. News flash, he doesn't. What this is really about is a few individuals scarfing up as many of his calls as they can and driving up the price. That's what this is really about. Hate me if you will but I've always called BS and told it like it was even if it hurts your feelings!

Mic DROP!

I wondered if someone would bring the truth. Thanks for putting it out there. Your spot on! It's not hard to figure out who's doing it either and their motives. It's been happening for a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BottomLand54

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on May 01, 2018, 02:28:58 PM
Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 01, 2018, 02:16:19 PM
I know that some will hate me for saying this, but it is what it is. I'm not slamming Paul, he makes a nice call. But from what I'm seeing, all of this "ISO Paul Platz" and Paul Platz this or that, isn't about he make the best sounding call in the world. News flash, he doesn't. What this is really about is a few individuals scarfing up as many of his calls as they can and driving up the price. That's what this is really about. Hate me if you will but I've always called BS and told it like it was even if it hurts your feelings!

Mic DROP!

I wondered if someone would bring the truth. Thanks for putting it out there. Your spot on! It's not hard to figure out who's doing it either.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've sold a call more then what it costed new but never double or 3 times as much.

Some these guys rush to Nashville and rush to the unicoi call builders show, they look for Paul platz and Clint corder and buy their calls out of their backpack because they don't set up a booth which I think is wrong, they pay 100-125.00 for them, then they Bring them back here and triple their money.

Uh o someone just spoiled the party.

land cruiser

I buy calls because I feel like buying calls. I don't sell or trade calls  and I hope I never have to, though if I do it would be a lot easier to sell or trade those in high demand.

As far as the overall theme of above statement from Chris, it sounds like a conflict of interest to me. We're in free market and the prices are dictated by availability amongst other factors.

hunter22

Can you say supply and demand? A couple years ago Paul was selling his calls for around $65 if I remember correctly. His website showed him running his different calls and asking if you wanted to order one. Then he got married and had a baby and he stopped taking orders. Suddenly everyone wanted one of his calls because they were so hard to find. I have a few of Paul's calls and they are really good. But there are so many great pot call makers out there right now. I bet you could take several different calls from these guys and have someone blind run them and you could not pick out one call from another. Heck, I was killing gobblers for years with a store bought pot before I knew there was such a thing as a custom call.

JLH

They sell them out of their backpack so they don't have to pay for a booth.....and of course....skip the whole paying taxes thing.

Personally, I'd rather support the guy that is running a business, providing a service, not trying to make money.

As Chris B. said.....plenty of guys willing to sell you a call, and youll get it NOW, not in a friggin year..... And plenty of guys willing to work with you....plenty that don't charge 80-100 For a domestic piece of wood.

And all those call will flat out kill turkeys.

howl

Based on how it sounded on his youtube video, it'd be less than the price he is able to command for his calls. Good for him and his happy customers.

Happy hooker

How bought this wrinkle????
I'm currently on Paul's list,before he shut it down.
What would you give/ pay for my spot in line on list knowing you would get a "new" platz call of any type and design you wanted including the newly designed cool soundboard.
No,no,no i am NOT looking to sell my spot!!!! Just thought I would throw this out for fun.

BottomLand54

Quote from: howl on May 01, 2018, 06:11:53 PM
Based on how it sounded on his youtube video, it'd be less than the price he is able to command for his calls. Good for him and his happy customers.
I've had numerous OG guys send me sound files and I appreciate it but I ain't heard one yet that sounded as good as some the pots I have that cost 40-80.00 his calls do no have goo clear break and roll over they are not sharp and clear. Just not for me.

MS Boy

I think he is the best if not there wouldn't be this much demand as you don't see this much demand for the other guys so there must be a little something to it !! .02