OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How much would YOU pay for a platz glass call

Started by Happy hooker, April 29, 2018, 07:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

:popcorn:
O o o o. Don't stop it now
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 02, 2018, 07:47:22 AM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 01, 2018, 09:35:44 PM
Here's a idea. Buy what you want and pay what you want. I ain't saying no names but there is a guy commenting that pushes his calls but don't get too many bites because personally the ones he builds sounds like crap to me and apparently to others as well. If you think Paul doesn't build good calls then you lost your mind. He builds a nice call. Also remember Paul hasn't pushed the prices to where they are and probably doesn't care one way or another if you buy one or not. I can tell you that there is no holy grail of turkey calls. Some guys collect calls as well as hints them. Don't like the price , keep running your 40 buck calls. Some need to get off their high horse. Paul builds a fine pot call and he is a good guy and if you know him you know it's the truth.

Your statement about others feeling the same as you do about my calls couldn't be further from reality. Sure, some don't like them... but a lot do. You usually chime in when you are felling guilty and you usually do it in an weasely way.

I don't recall saying it was you that had bad calls. I called no names. however , like others have said , you do push your calls on here like walmart. Callmakers like Paul do not have to push their product. Wonder why? Your remark about me weasling in  is way out there. As far as guilt , you lost your mind. What do I have to be guilty of? You want to trash talk a man , do to them where they can defend themselves. Sounds like you are the one thats being a weasle. Complaining that Paul and Clint go to unicoi and sell calls out of their backpack. I will be in Unicoi again this year as well as most likely Paul and Clint. I will be sure to pass on your regards to them.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 02, 2018, 08:42:24 AM
Here's a idea. Buy what you want and pay what you want. I ain't saying no names but there is a guy commenting that pushes his calls but don't get too many bites because personally the ones he builds sounds like crap to me and apparently to others as well. If you think Paul doesn't build good calls then you lost your mind. He builds a nice call. Also remember Paul hasn't pushed the prices to where they are and probably doesn't care one way or another if you buy one or not. I can tell you that there is no holy grail of turkey calls. Some guys collect calls as well as hints them. Don't like the price , keep running your 40 buck calls. Some need to get off their high horse. Paul builds a fine pot call and he is a good guy and if you know him you know it's the truth.

Now you're trying to drag me into a topic that never was. I never disputed the fact that Paul has a larger following than I do.

Your statement about others feeling the same as you do about my calls couldn't be further from reality. Sure, some don't like them... but a lot do. You usually chime in when you are felling guilty and you usually do it in an weasely way.

I don't recall saying it was you that had bad calls. I called no names. however , like others have said , you do push your calls on here like walmart. Callmakers like Paul do not have to push their product. Wonder why?

Now you're trying to drag me into a topic that never was. I never disputed the fact that Paul has a larger following than I do.

Happy hooker

Bottomland
Judge Judy is definitely an ol boss hen,,not even Watkins could make something that raspy.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 02, 2018, 08:49:58 AM

I don't recall saying it was you that had bad calls. I called no names. however , like others have said , you do push your calls on here like walmart. Callmakers like Paul do not have to push their product. Wonder why?

Drag you into it??? Lol you jumped in here and commented so you put yourself in it. You also saidI slip in in a weasley way. Dude , I chime in and stand by my statement. I dont weasle into anything. Also , I wont bash a man behind his back. I do it to his face so he has the opportunity to defend himself. Whos weasly now?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

CMBOSTC

I don't recall saying it was you that had bad calls. I called no names. however , like others have said , you do push your calls on here like walmart. Callmakers like Paul do not have to push their product. Wonder why? Your remark about me weasling in  is way out there. As far as guilt , you lost your mind. What do I have to be guilty of? You want to trash talk a man , do to them where they can defend themselves. Sounds like you are the one thats being a weasle. Complaining that Paul and Clint go to unicoi and sell calls out of their backpack. I will be in Unicoi again this year as well as most likely Paul and Clint. I will be sure to pass on your regards to them.

You don't even know who said what. I didn't say anything about selling calls out of backpacks!

CMBOSTC

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 02, 2018, 08:57:07 AM

Drag you into it??? Lol you jumped in here and commented so you put yourself in it. You also saidI slip in in a weasley way. Dude , I chime in and stand by my statement. I dont weasle into anything. Also , I wont bash a man behind his back. I do it to his face so he has the opportunity to defend himself. Whos weasly now?

You! Apparently you don't comprehend English too well or you would have seen the flaws in what you just wrote.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: C. Brumfiel on May 02, 2018, 09:05:26 AM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on May 02, 2018, 08:57:07 AM

You! Apparently you don't comprehend English too well or you would have seen the flaws in what you just wrote.

Point out those flaws. What I wrote is perfectly clear.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

Jbird22

This topic has run its course. Both sides have voiced their opinions and now it's getting personal, which is uncalled for. The bottom line is neither a Platz nor a Corder will make every gobbler come running. I'm sure they are fine calls just like lots of others. Obviously, some prefer them over the others for whatever reason. What they're worth is what someone is willing to pay for them. If they're worth more to you than they are to me then so be it.

Spitten and drummen

You're right JBird. I am done posting on this topic. Hope everyone has a great day.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

southern_leo

Just out of curiosity if you are able to obtain a call from Paul, what does he charge for one?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: southern_leo on May 02, 2018, 11:09:51 AM
Just out of curiosity if you are able to obtain a call from Paul, what does he charge for one?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A few years back I think ball park figure was 70$ ish. I can't remember,but they might be a little more than that directly from him now,but not a lot more.

fountain2

I know they don't like selling to folks that buy them to hold until this time of year and for profit....selection of making is coming

Happy hooker

Ill answer my own question,,
I honestly believe right this moment you could push the window on these to $400,,there's no better time to sell one. People are in a defiant mood and will pay it just out of spite to prove a brand loyal point.

Fieldturkey

$400 would make me consider selling both of mine.