OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

hunting daniel boon land

Started by Prohunter3509, April 28, 2018, 09:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prohunter3509

Already looking at next year
I am planning to hunt d.b.n.f.
In kentucky. Could some point me
In the best counties to study
Also were the terrain is not the worst.
Can't handle the steep hills like I used too
Any advise much appreciated

joey46

Have a thread currently going on another forum (floridasportsman.com) in their Hunt Section.  Two FL boys headed up to the DB NF last week.  They were understandably vague in their exact location.  I have hunted it over the years.  Usually the further north you go the less altitude.   Some sections in the southern counties are truly for the 25 year old zero body fat guys.  Close to a million acres so plenty to look at.  Good luck.  Check out the pics they posted.  Wow!

LaLongbeard

Kentucky has one of the better state web sites with Turkey kill numbers by both County and WMA easy to narrow down a few areas. DBNF is huge and if your worried about the hills  I'd start today getting in shape for next season....there's not a worse feeling than to hear a Gobbler hammering on the next ridge top and having to walk away because your burnt out for the day.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Kylongspur88

That's my home turf. Bird numbers are down this year. We need a good hatch.

Some areas get a lot of pressure. Some get very little.

Best advise I'll give is invest in a really good pair of hiking  boots, pack light, be in decent shape, and if your not familiar with the area your hunting don't go in when it's dark becuase there are a lot of cliff lines that people walk off of every year.