News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tomorrow's hunting tactic!~

Started by Lon0121, April 21, 2011, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

30_06

Quote from: Lon0121 on April 23, 2011, 08:37:24 PM
why dont they answer a locator at dusk??  another thing is I cant get out until Monday,  i hope they are still strutting then.  our season ends may eighth and it started last saturday.

I cant speak for all turkeys everywhere, but I have never had much success with a locater call at any time of the day on public land after the first week of season.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: 30_06 on April 23, 2011, 11:18:01 PM
Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 23, 2011, 11:12:45 AMWhy do hate the word patience?!  It is without doubt one of the most important attributes a turkey hunter can posess!  

I am agreeing with you, but having learned an inkling of patience was difficult for me. I always used to be a make it happen kind of guy, but thru years of hunting experience the long lesson of patience was finally drilled into my brain.
In short, patience and I have a love hate relationship.

Dude, I feel your pain!!! :TooFunny:  I love to run and gun for turkeys.  Like you I enjoy the more "agressive" tactics that get it done too!  I'm the kind of guy who will forget that I've been painting my shotgun or preping my hunting stuff for HOURS but when it comes time to do those "domestic" chores...my ADHD kicks in.  As I get older...and a little grey at the tips of my own feathers, I may still want to be the "LET"S GO GET EM!!" kinda guy, but the knees just say screw you buddy! :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.