OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

LBL hunt in Tennessee

Started by Volgobbler, April 11, 2018, 10:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volgobbler

Anyone do any good? Hunted all day  Tuesday and  no luck. Heard few birds but none would work. Ranger said only 4 birds checked in when I stopped in. Weather being cold made tough hunting

Roost 1

Never heard one or saw one. No fresh sign. Hunted til noon and went home.

whiskey

Best part of this year's LBL Quota was sleeping in a hammock. Felt like fall turkey hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Volgobbler

I just dont think there are that many birds there anymore. Went 2 years ago  and  loads of birds

spurman

Nothing but bad news form the hunters I talked to that hunted the first quota hunt. I hunt Sat. and Sun. but the weather is looking bad for the next couple of days.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

joey46

Did better in LBL hunting the last week of the general season (KY section) when most had quit.   Thought about driving up and visiting some old friends and neighbors in Marshall County KY during the end of season period until I did the math and saw a non-res + turkey tags + LBL + camping totaled about $250.  Too much $$ for a couple of days.  I do miss LBL .  Maybe next year.  Woods looks like February.  Weird weather this year.
If the pic isn't too big most of these are LBL KY birds, some maybe Ft. Campbell.  Nice area. 

shatcher

I live about 40 minutes south of LBL.  The whole area has been tough for hunting with winter hanging on and the birds are flat out henned up.

Wildturkey8181

Hunted at lbl all last week and it was terrible. I think birds are either dead or they trapped abunch of them. Something drastic has changed and can't figure it out. Been hunting here for 10+ years and it has never been this bad. If anyone hears anything please post.

SKFOOTER

joey46

HOGS - never heard of an LBL hog problem.  My old neighbor from Benton Ky comes down here to FL to hunt hogs. He's never mentioned a western Ky/Tn hog invasion.

Wildturkey8181

I did hear that about the hogs but didn't see any sign of them where I was huntin . Weather - was cold and clammy but that still doesn't explain why there wasn't any sign of scratching and feathers and tracks. To me no sign no turkeys

SKFOOTER

Tharpe Road area (Areas 13 & 15) is tore up with hog sign.  They've had hog traps set up in those areas since last spring.  As for the turkey harvest, the number of birds checked in at LBL this season is less than half of what it was this time last year.