OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Full Moon and turkey hunting

Started by hd mike, May 02, 2018, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

Thus the term "lunatic ". The water in the brain goes to "full tide". As for turkey,at best they move around on the roost all night. I've seen this during winter hunts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

hd mike

Thanks for the reply's and opinions. One thing I forgot to mention in my first post is the four days we hunted, each day was sunny, some days more windy than others. I was thinking about the barometric pressure changes also. We did notice, the later days in the hunt, the moon was in the sky during day light hours. As I mentioned in my first post, the mid day gobbling, and roaming came to a halt. Our group of four noticed the difference in a 4 hr window, continuing into the last day and half of the hunt. Something changed in the birds behavior, and made it very interesting to me. 

I know in my own experience how the full moon affects deer movement. Not comparing a turkey to a deer, but does a full moon make the birds restless in the roost, or does it increase activity for the predators ie: owls, coyotes, bobcats.   

As far as the people thing, my F-I-L is a retired police officer, and my daughter is also a emergency room RN. too many stories to write here.

I know we laugh at the "walnut sized brain thing", but they are a interesting game bird, we can't get enough of.     

owlhoot

Can't believe how you guys ain't got this figured out yet! :TooFunny: ::)

Bowguy

Turkeys aren't mammals and behave differently. I've killed just as many on big moon nights as not