OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Back on the Lathe

Started by WillowRidgeCalls, April 21, 2011, 08:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillowRidgeCalls

Hey guys, It's been a while since I've ran the lathe, haven't touched it since "04. I'm a little out of practice, but it'll come back to me again. I turned this pedestal pot the other day and it came out good. I"ll try a few strikers next week to see if I can still remember how to do them  :TooFunny:. This pot is purpleheart with slate over maple, guess I should of cleaned the dust off the slate before I took pics  :). It sure felt good to be able to turn again.
Thanks for lookinng, Scott

[attachment deleted by admin]
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

VanHelden Game Calls

:hello99:  Welcome back. I did not realize you were off the lathe.

Trevor2

Strutstopper

West Augusta

I do like that style pot call Scott.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

moyehow

Nice call.  Can't wait to see more.  have fun. 

stone road turkey calls

looks good,  :bike2: Its like rideing a bike good to have you back
Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

pappy

Scott, I am here looking at my pots from you, and I got to tell ya, you look like you are turning like a pro....just like falling off a bicycle isn't it? Get back on and go again, great looking pot, now I want to see some competition in the striker department....pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Roost Wrecker

Stoner

I always find it interesting how Purple Heart wood turns brown on the lathe. My experience is that it will stay brown for awhile and turn back to purple in color. If you put it out in the sun it helps speed the process up getting it to turn back to purple. Nice looking call.