OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Snowy Iowa Bird down...

Started by 1iagobblergetter, April 17, 2018, 01:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1iagobblergetter

Dropped the hammer before tomorrow's storm..I would post a pic.,but don't know how... Around a 9inch Beard sub dominant Tom. Had 2 other Bigger Toms with him and took the first strutter in. Hopefully some other Iowans are having some luck... :icon_thumright: Hopefully we'll have some decent weather for the other 3 seasons!!! I'm looking forward to some heat...Lol...

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

zelmo1

tomstopper

Congrats

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

captpete

Congrats!! Just saw they have us in a winter storm watch for tomorrow....possibly 3"-6" of snow. There is a winter storm warning a couple of counties north ...looking at a possible 5"-8" of snow there. The wife is thinking we should sit tommorow out.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: captpete on April 17, 2018, 03:04:48 PM
Congrats!! Just saw they have us in a winter storm watch for tomorrow....possibly 3"-6" of snow. There is a winter storm warning a couple of counties north ...looking at a possible 5"-8" of snow there. The wife is thinking we should sit tommorow out.
My plan until i tagged out was hunt until hunting hours were over today.Sit tomorrow out. Try hunting hard Thursday...Youth and 1st season..= cold and miserable...Good luck..From what I've seen/heard morning has been better than afternoon for gobbling.. :icon_thumright:
Here they are calling for up to 10 inches..

stinkpickle

Congrats!  And I agree...opening day was miserable!

bdirks

My IA 1st Season has been a real struggle. I have not heard a gobble yet. I'm not the only one. I have talked to a bunch of guys with the same issue. One friend killed a nice tom and never heard a thing. Of the handful of gobbles heard, a bunch have been late, after 4pm. The birds we have seen are in big groups 6 birds or more. I'm glad some of you are killing birds because a bunch of us are working hard with nothing to show for it. Tomorrow is going to be another jem. I'm struggling with going or not. It looks like all my chips are in on Thursday.

renegade19

MK M GOBL

Congrats!

Weather has been tough here in WI too, I was able to help a friend tag her bow bird today!

MK M GOBL

captpete

We took today off...kind of wish we would of went, but it's the wife hunt and she didn't want to go. We pretty much missed most of snow. We had some lighting, thunder and hail about 8am. About 9am it started to snow & has snowed pretty much all day. It has been just warm enough that it has melted as it was falling. Right now we have about 2" on the ground and the temp is 34*. I'll take it over the 8"-12" the have received farther north.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Chris O

Congrats on getting it done with some not very good weather My dad is still hunting!!