turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge auto advice

Started by YukonC, February 14, 2021, 10:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YukonC

Hello everyone. Another inquiry. I am looking to add a semi-auto 20 to my collection. I want a do all 20 gauge that may eventually make it to Turkey hunting but mostly rabbit, squirrel, and possibly quail hunting that I want to be able to have that is extremely reliable with all loads. Cost is not an issue. I went to some skeet shooting websites to read up as they probably shoot the most rounds out there and the most talked about with thousands of rounds is the Remington 11-87. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChesterCopperpot

I like the Stoeger M3000 and M3500, but I love my CZ 920. Unfortunately they quit making the 920 last year but the 720 is a hell of a gun and they've started making a reduced length version this year.

RED NECK

If I can ever locate a winchester sx4 "universal" 24" model in mobuc up here I'd buy it instantly,I have been looking for 15 months.They are on back order through our distribution sources.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Tom007

Was just reading yesterday that Benelli just came out with the Super Black Eagle in 20 gauge. Great looking gun on the famous Super Black Eagle platform. Something to look at...good luck, lots of options....
"Solo hunter"

YukonC

I am considering the Winchester sx4 as well just want something with a history of performance and reliability that will last as long as my bps. 26" barrel length is what I am looking for I think.

RED NECK

Nothing will outlast a bps,they are the best. The Best there is!  :jackson:

Tom007

I never had one issue with the Super Black Eagle. I own 2 of them. They function flawlessly, and pattern lights out. Smoothest action I have ever seen in a semi....best of luck.......
"Solo hunter"

Tom007

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on February 14, 2021, 11:28:58 AM
Nothing will outlast a bps,they are the best. The Best there is!  :jackson:

Agreed, Browning makes superb guns, both in quality and reliability......no doubt there.....
"Solo hunter"

Stingray

I just bought a new sx4 in 20ga, real tree timber camo with a FDE cerakote, 26 in barrel , I also have a Benelli m2 20 with a 24 in barrel, the sx4 is hands down the better handling shotgun for me , and the trigger on the sx4 is awesome, the Benelli trigger has a lot of creep , which is a big deal for me on a turkey gun , get your hands on one and see what you think ..

RED NECK

I was down to the 26" timber sx4 or the turkey sx4 24" a few weeks ago and went with turkey sx4,holding out hope I land a "universal" next 6 months.

YukonC

I am really considering just getting a 20 gauge bps to match my 12ga but I don't know I thought it would be nice to have an auto.

Ozarks Hillbilly

Benelli M2 field would get my vote. Adjustable stock and proven reliability.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RED NECK

Quote from: YukonC on February 14, 2021, 11:40:16 AM
I am really considering just getting a 20 gauge bps to match my 12ga but I don't know I thought it would be nice to have an auto.

I just went and shipped my 20 gauge bps micro 22" to have it dipped from the last time I posted as the fedex place opens at 12pm.

My favorite gun ever is my bp nwtf 3.5" and I picked up the bps 22" 20 gauge last March and It is a dream and I would highly recommend it. I have always been a pump guy until the last few year, I still prefer pumps and bps are my favorites,they pattern well,tough,well built,and fit me.

Tom007

Quote from: Stingray on February 14, 2021, 11:36:11 AM
I just bought a new sx4 in 20ga, real tree timber camo with a FDE cerakote, 26 in barrel , I also have a Benelli m2 20 with a 24 in barrel, the sx4 is hands down the better handling shotgun for me , and the trigger on the sx4 is awesome, the Benelli trigger has a lot of creep , which is a big deal for me on a turkey gun , get your hands on one and see what you think ..

My 2 Benellis have great trigger pulls. The first one I bought in 1998. It's an Original Heckler &Koch Benelli  with a walnut stock. Great gun. The other is a 2000 SBE steady grip with 24 inch barrel, advantage camo. Great trigger too. I love these guns.  The SX4 is also a great gun. Frankly, I'd love to have all of them....never saw a turkey gun I didn't like.....
"Solo hunter"