turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Beretta A300 Choke/ammo

Started by ohihunter2018, February 06, 2021, 12:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohihunter2018

New to the sport and just purchased a Beretta A300 in waterfowl camo because that's all that was available. Should I wrap it in something not so bright? What ammo and choke would you recommend?

SumToy

650 to 660 with most long beards.    665 to 670 with most TSS   :z-twocents:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

ohihunter2018

I take it the cheaper stuff like Remington isn't any good? I just tried finding longbeard and everything is out of stock.

SumToy

They work.  Folks have kill birds for years with cheap stuff.    Now with the marketing you can kill a bird unless you shoot TSS and maybe get lucky with Long Beards.   LOL
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

diyj98

Quote from: SumToy on February 07, 2021, 07:33:01 AM

They work.  Folks have kill birds for years with cheap stuff.    Now with the marketing you can kill a bird unless you shoot TSS and maybe get lucky with Long Beards.   LOL

I killed birds every year with regular Remington 2oz of 6's for years before I learned on the internet that it shouldn't be possible :)

Old Timer

Quote from: ohihunter2018 on February 06, 2021, 12:13:11 PM
New to the sport and just purchased a Beretta A300 in waterfowl camo because that's all that was available. Should I wrap it in something not so bright? What ammo and choke would you recommend?
Took one of my biggest gobblers last year with my A350 with the waterfowl camo and federal #6 shot. He did not know the difference! Good luck

lr308

Get a .650 carlsons and buy some of the 2 3/4" federal hvy weight 7's off rogers for 14.99 / box. It would be a good place to start given the ammo situation.