turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

For you archery folks out there

Started by TheBigSnood, May 20, 2018, 02:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigSnood

I help lead an outdoor men's ministry which our mission is to Awaken men for the kingdom. Through building real authentic relationships, and being transparent, real discipleship takes place. That's not what this post is about. I have been thinking of a weekly rhythm in which we have a little fun with family and fellowship through archery. Kinda like a men's poker night, only letting our shooting skills move the chips. Lol. What kind of archery games would encourage friendly competition, along with a potential kitty for bragging rights? All ideas are welcome. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you willing to step out of the boat as Peter did?  Think about it, he wouldn't have walked on water without stepping out of the boat!

blake_08

a few years ago, i knew a guy who made a dart board and we played darts with bows. I'm not sure on measurements, but the dart board was something like 48" in diameter and was to scale with a real dart board as far as the scoring sections go. Lots of fun and one game didn't last too long. we also would take rubber balls about the size of a pool ball and swing them like a pendulum in front of the target and shoot at the swinging ball. it was challenging but you could get the timing and trajectory of the ball down pretty quick and get pretty good at it. I should note that this was all indoors and the entire wall of the building downrange was a backstop for arrows. We would also have the occasional "spot shoot" tournaments. Lots of fun to get together and shoot. good luck!