OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Speed bead or fastfire difference?

Started by neal, February 11, 2011, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neal

I have a SBE II for waterfowl I just put a speed bead on it seems great, been way to cold to go try it out. My question is I'm kicking around a new SBEII for turkey, are the fastfire and the speedbead the same just different mounting brackets? I have a red dot on my Nova now. But I like the profile of the speed bead and if I was going to build a new gun I would like to put a Burris on it. I don't know much about them except with out a dot I'm not as accurate!

Thanks for the info!

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Skeeterbait

Speedbead will be closer to your eye so your field of view will be wider.  I also understand that it sits low enough that you can still sight down your barrel looking through the window should your battery or electronics give out.

BurrisOptics

SB has you covered.  Its the same sight with a different mount.  :icon_thumright:

turkey_slayer

neal

Thanks guys, that is the route I'll be going speed bead on my new SBEII can't wait!
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

Jbird22

I have mine mounted on my 870 but have yet to shoot it. I REALLY like the way it operates though. It's very low and seems like it will be easy to get used to with minimal effort. I will be zeroing it within the next few days and will post a review of it.

Mailman

One Shot One Kill

pullit

I have/had both. They are both great sights but I will take the FF all day every day.
To me it has a bigger field of view and has a low profile and clean look.