OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ernie Fetters longbox and its mutiple personalites!!!!

Started by adkmountainken, April 15, 2018, 01:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkmountainken

I bought my first Ernie Fetters longbox a few moths ago, Rosewood over butternut. I am absolulty blown away by this call and its MANY different tones. I have never had a longbox that will produce so many different turkey sounds by changing the angle of the lid, I'm talking both tilted up and down on both sides from front to back and add in different degrees of pressure. yes I am well aware that all good boxes do this but just not to this extreme and with such little effort.  I can run the call well but it seems like every time I play it for a length of time I discover a different little nook and secret! I have added 4 other calls from Ernie and get this for every 5 calls you buy from him THE SIXTH IS ON HIM!!!!! who does that???? my 6th is due tomorrow. this man has a loyal customer for life! he is VERY quick with shipping and at $95 a longbox does not brake the bank. I HIGHLY suggest you try him as hiss calls right right side by side with the big names! tell him I sent ya!

Clardh

I own two of his long boxes and I am going to get more in the future. I'm not good at playing long boxes but my friend Sixbird on this forum is. Every time he picks up an Ernie Fetters call, I want to buy another. Sixbird must own 10 or so of his longboxes not to mention Ernie's scratchers and short boxes. All are killers and Ernie might just be the nicest guy to deal with. Congrats on some fine calls. Enjoy them!

mspaci

just got a bloodwood over wormy chestnut & its about the nicest running long box ive ever handled. Mike

adkmountainken

I have the same box and yes its a great box! I have 6 of his now and would say my favorite is rosewood over butternut, that call is packed full of turkeys!

mspaci

sixbird

Thanks for the props Clardh...I'm not deserving, but thanks...
Ernie's longboxes ARE great calls. I have a bunch and don't plan on stopping getting them. Like adkmountainken says, they sound great and the variation of sounds that you can make with them are remarkable. Oh, and they are gorgeous to boot.
Scratchers? Well, you'd be doing yourself a favor to get some of Ernie's. Easy to run and authentic sounding for sure.
And yes, Ernie is a genuine, down to earth, great guy. One of my favorites.

land cruiser

Clardh

crenshawco

I ordered my first and a scratcher from him this week. Can't wait to get them

sixbird

Quote from: crenshawco on May 20, 2018, 06:40:32 PM
I ordered my first and a scratcher from him this week. Can't wait to get them

You'll be happy!   :turkey2:

TauntoHawk

The one I have must be defective because the turkeys keep committing suicide everytime I play the thing.

But seriously they are the easiest running long box I've ever played. I have rosewood walnut and it's fantastic

I will order a short and scratcher soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mgm1955