OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The metal trifecta...

Started by JLH, April 17, 2018, 03:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLH

I just love me some green slate.....and cocobolo!

This is the metal soundboard trifecta.....green over brass, green over titanium and green over copper!
Each one has it's own unique sound....enjoy....

outdoors

YOU  MAKING ME JEALOUS  ......
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JLH

Quote from: davisd9 on April 17, 2018, 03:45:56 PM
There is two over copper?

Oops.....meant to type brass....fixed it.

Dr Juice

Sx4

:drool: :drool: :drool:
The man does it again! Those are beautiful! Green Slate over all that metal! Dang! My head hasn't stopped shaking!

SteelerFan

OK...

1. They look great!!!

2. Pot design? Is John running different configurations just to have something different? Or is it call / material specific?

3. CONGRATS!

outdoors

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 17, 2018, 05:29:24 PM
OK...

1. They look great!!!

2. Pot design? Is John running different configurations just to have something different? Or is it call / material specific?

3. CONGRATS!
If you GOTO his website he has a section , to make your own , he shows a pic of the wood you get and then you choose the SERFICE / SOUNBOARD
IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION EMAIL HIM AND HES VERY RESPONSIVE, QUICK

so far my favorite is coco  green slate over copper  toned down some favor a gobbler sound than a Hen
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

JLH

Quote from: SteelerFan on April 17, 2018, 05:29:24 PM
OK...

1. They look great!!!

3. CONGRATS!

1. Thanks!
2. With the crotchwood cocobolo, he didn't want to distort the figure by turning the bottom, so he left it flat....
3. Thanks ;D

Chris O

That top pot is the sweetest looking one in my opinion!!! All are nice but that one is extra special

JLH

Quote from: Chris O on April 17, 2018, 06:36:03 PM
That top pot is the sweetest looking one in my opinion!!! All are nice but that one is extra special

No question!!!  And to see it in person, in the sun.....just stunning!
He got 2 calls out of this piece of wood, and the other one was even better.

The middle one is cocobolo burl, and is no slouch...has burl eyes all over the call, and in sunlight, they glow!

Bottom call is quite boring next to them....lol

Chris O

Quote from: JLH on April 17, 2018, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: Chris O on April 17, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

No question!!!  And to see it in person, in the sun.....just stunning!
He got 2 calls out of this piece of wood, and the other one was even better.

The middle one is cocobolo burl, and is no slouch...has burl eyes all over the call, and in sunlight, they glow!

Bottom call is quite boring next to them....lol
I saw another one of Johns pots that was flat on the bottom like a more traditional look and it looked sharp to. It was posted on here recently. I never knew he made pots like that and I think they look great. Congrats on your new calls and I would love to hear a green slate over copper If you can make a sound file sometime. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk