OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What kind of glue do I use

Started by Sir-diealot, June 26, 2018, 06:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 27, 2018, 08:34:12 AM
Quote from: ShootingABN! on June 27, 2018, 08:24:12 AM
And gorilla glue works great on inserts on carbon arrows. ;)

Quote from: captpete on June 27, 2018, 06:41:57 AM
Another vote for Loc-Tite brand super glue. I use the gel to fletch my carbon arrows. I have never had a vane fall off, even when the arrow blows completely through the target.

so does lok-tite. Been using that for years too. The secrete is a q-tip with rubbing alchol. clean the inside of the shaft properly and gorilla glue or Lok-tite super glue will work fine.
Be careful there, you don't want to use that (or is it acetone) on some arrow vanes made with certain materials?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 27, 2018, 09:45:20 AM

Another vote for Loc-Tite brand super glue. I use the gel to fletch my carbon arrows. I have never had a vane fall off, even when the arrow blows completely through the target.

Thanks for the advice. Been building arrows and working on bows for 35 years and I know all about acetone. Plain de natured alchol is what I use.

so does lok-tite. Been using that for years too. The secrete is a q-tip with rubbing alchol. clean the inside of the shaft properly and gorilla glue or Lok-tite super glue will work fine.
Be careful there, you don't want to use that (or is it acetone) on some arrow vanes made with certain materials?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 27, 2018, 09:48:09 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on June 27, 2018, 09:45:20 AM

Thanks for the advice. Been building arrows and working on bows for 35 years and I know all about acetone. Plain de natured alchol is what I use.

Yea I could not remember if that was it or not, that is why it was half phased as a question. Hoping the shoulders will let me bow hunt this year.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Spitten and drummen

good luck. Hope you heal and are able to also.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on June 27, 2018, 10:10:35 AM
good luck. Hope you heal and are able to also.
Thanks bud, PT twice a week, if not this year then next, will tune up on woodchucks in the field alongside the house if I have to wait until next year.

John Koenig:

ShootingABN!

Good luck with the archery. And did you glue up your striker yet?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ShootingABN! on July 01, 2018, 10:31:57 PM
Good luck with the archery. And did you glue up your striker yet?
Thank you. No, I have to move some stuff to get to the Jojan and all my fletching and glue and it has just been to hot here. I will get it done by this coming weekend though. Thanks for asking though.

John Koenig: