OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Pictures of Red Slate Calls Please

Started by Sir-diealot, April 05, 2018, 12:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I can't do it until June but I would like to get myself a red slate call but have not seen one (I own a black and have a green on the way so why not red?) and I would like to see how different colors and materials look with red slate so if those of you that have them would post pictures and tell me what the wood/material used is I would appreciate it. Thank you all. Also glass or slate for a sound board?

P.S. my GF says ya'll are turning me into a junkie.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

JLH

Be careful brother.....this is a dangerous road you're going down!

Here's a green and red together......the red is over a slate soundboard in a gaboon ebony pot.
The black gaboon ebony and and the red looks awesome!

Dr Juice

Those are some beauts for sure. How does the red one sound? I don't believe I had any experience with one. Thx and best of luck with them

Sir-diealot

@JHL those both look nice. Thank you for sharing them. I like the grain on the one for sure.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

JLH

Quote from: Dr Juice on April 05, 2018, 10:24:35 AM
Those are some beauts for sure. How does the red one sound? I don't believe I had any experience with one. Thx and best of luck with them

Red is harder than green slate.....you can feel it when you play it, and it will play a higher pitched yelp....a little bit cleaner yelp than green as well.

Dr Juice

Quote from: JLH on April 05, 2018, 08:46:43 PM
Quote from: Dr Juice on April 05, 2018, 10:24:35 AM

Red is harder than green slate.....you can feel it when you play it, and it will play a higher pitched yelp....a little bit cleaner yelp than green as well.
Thank you. You my curiosity going ????

Sx4

Quote from: JLH on April 05, 2018, 07:21:57 AM

Here's a green and red together......the red is over a slate soundboard in a gaboon ebony pot.

That red against the Gaboon Ebony man that just pops! You just need to set up your red slate, green slate and your ceramic it will look like a traffic signal! For turkeys! :z-guntootsmiley:

Sir-diealot

lol Sx4 that would be a spectacle. Anybody else have one they could show me? I am open to both light and dark color spectrum's.

John Koenig:

tha bugman

:TooFunny:
Quote from: Sx4 on April 06, 2018, 04:49:31 PM
Quote from: JLH on April 05, 2018, 07:21:57 AM

That red against the Gaboon Ebony man that just pops! You just need to set up your red slate, green slate and your ceramic it will look like a traffic signal! For turkeys! :z-guntootsmiley:
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

BottomLand54

Mineral stained red slate over Glass unbelievable call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: BottomLand54 on April 11, 2018, 11:23:00 AM
Mineral stained red slate over Glass unbelievable call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the picture, nice looking call. What does the Mineral stained treatment do for it?

John Koenig: