OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ISO Custom Made Mouth Calls

Started by squeaky, April 02, 2018, 11:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeaky

I'm in search of some custom made mouth calls that are truly hand made as consistently as possible by the members of this site. My go to call for years has been the Woodhaven Raspy Red Reactor. My best call has got old and worn out and none of the new ones I have are worth a flip. So I would like to try some true hand made calls that aren't mass produced. I'd like to try some calls that require low to medium air. The Woodhaven I use is a heavy air call in my opinion.

I like a call with a little rasp but good clear yelps. I'd also like to have a call that excels at subtle calling and requires low air to run. I'm open to try a variety of call designs and by different builders if that's what it takes to get some good ones.

In closing I like the stiffer tape on a Woodhaven over the thin flimsy tape on most calls these days. I get a better seal with the stiffer tape for some reason. I do not like a white taped call and prefer any other color over white. Sorry for being picky but tired of wasting my money on inconsistent calls. If you have some calls to offer that might meet my needs please let me know.

Sir-diealot

I know turkeykiller22 makes some but I have not heard them though I am trying to buy a couple from him myself.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nyhunter

Saddler McGraw makes custom mouth calls, I have had great luck with them,

Spring Creek Calls

I'm sure all the above are great but these are the best for me. I've got one I'm practicing with now that's been used for 3 years with little more than rinsing off on occasion. They meet most, if not all, of the criteria you mentioned above.

www.xtoutdoors.com
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ThunderChickenHunter21

Hooks check them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaspyD

Jim Clay (Perfection Turkey Calls) has been making mouth calls for over 45 years. He stretches each reed by hand which gives you the subtle differences that you may looking for in a call.  It wouldn't be a reach to say that he has stretched over 3 million diaphragms.  You can give him a call (1-800-422-9357) and tell him exactly what you are looking for.
Perfection Turkey Calls