turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

tss 10 guage load info

Started by fatboy, April 20, 2011, 08:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatboy

Does any one know where I could get some load data for the tss 10 guage loads? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Brian.

CommandCar

I'd like the same.  I see references to 2 1/2 oz buffered 10 ga handloads, but no information on what hulls, powder, wads or buffer is used.  If you are afraid to post your load, just let us know what components and powder you are using and we can work up a load.   If I get a good load, I can have it tested in a pressure gun.

I am interested in loading for the 10 primarily to roll crimp the shells.  Nitro shells perform well but lack durability.  I have buffer in every pocket of my turkey vest and all over my truck.  6 point crimps are for trap & game loads and we all know what silicone is really good for....

Basser69

deadbuck

Lets see some pictures of the best uses for silicone :happy0064:

Ozark Ridge Runner

Quote from: deadbuck on April 29, 2011, 09:58:02 AM
Lets see some pictures of the best uses for silicone :happy0064:
What he said.

paladin

Hey fatboy I sent my recipe to commandcar.
After the test he can share with you if it is safe
"have gun-will travel"

fatboy

uk fowler

Quote from: fatboy on April 20, 2011, 08:35:14 AM
Does any one know where I could get some load data for the tss 10 guage loads? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Brian.
I have a link for a reloading site in finland that has some interesting data in 10g for 18g/cc and 15g/cc that uses vit powders if you are interested Il dig it out for you some steel and heavy buffered lead aswell :z-guntootsmiley:

Thegobblergetter

UK fowler,  it would be great if you would post up the web address for the Vihta-vuori site for those recipes for the 10ga loads.  Thanks,  John

uk fowler

Quote from: Thegobblergetter on May 08, 2011, 06:52:39 PM
UK fowler,  it would be great if you would post up the web address for the Vihta-vuori site for those recipes for the 10ga loads.  Thanks,  John
here is the site address John   www.unlimitedammo.fi  run it through google translate and then follow the "recipes" link on the right hand side there are no 21/2oz loads in tss but there is one at 21/4oz in 10g some of the translation is a bit out but it is good enough to get bye  :anim_25: post up and let me know what you think
cheers Nick

jig pitcher

How 'bout a pic of a big ten tss pattern?  I would love to c what a 2.5+ oz. load of 9's or 8x9's would look like.  I'm very close to pulling the trigger on an order of shot.  Don't know how much to order.  It'll take nearly 5 lbs just to load 25 rds, ouch!

JDogg

x2  I just bought a another 12ga but the big 10 still intrigues me.  I'd like to see some of those patterns