OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What happened to the for sale high end box calls post?

Started by limhnger, March 25, 2018, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limhnger

Yelper

It was posted without pictures and looked like the op was not responding to pm's and Shannon took it down, is what I think happened. :agreed:

jed clampett

fatmo

I PM him! He did send me pictures of the boxes and box call sheaths. He did not accept Paypal, but he seemed up and up. I passed on the boxes! Yes, I agree 1000% he needs to follow the rules but he also got beat up pretty hard on here. Yes there are a lot of scum bags in this world, but now and again there may a legitimate seller. I passed due to no Paypay and he told me right away someone was ahead of me on the box I was interested in and he would let me know if that deal went south.
S & S please read the rules about selling and follow them, include pictures and setup a Paypal account. Sorry for all the problems and Welcome to Old Gobbler!!!!!!

eorlando

Quote from: MDTOM84 on March 25, 2018, 03:37:23 PM
I got a email back minutes after I sent him one, I had first shot at any of the boxes. I talked to him for about 30 minutes on the phone and I feel confident in sending him a money order. He even offered to send me the box that I wanted before I sent him a check. He is a older man that can't hunt anymore and doesn't want his collection to set around and not get hunted. He is going to send me pictures of the rest of his collection when he gets a list of what he has.
Glad you got some pictures TJ. Like I said I sent him an email 30 seconds after he posted it telling him I would buy that Watkins box and the Albert Paul box and he never responded to me. Pisses me off when people don't go in order. I highly doubt anybody beat me to sending an email to him but I guess it could have happened.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Regardless, he didn't follow the rules and was deleted by Shannon... you know .......if you follow the rules no need for anyone taking any heat from other members on the forum....

limhnger

Gotcha. He communicated well with me. He agreed to ship first and it's already on its way.

eorlando

Must be nice for those that got the deals. Sucks for those that got shafted. Just sayin...

bbcoach

Here's my take on this.  Shannon is looking out for ALL of us.  You get someone to sign up (1 day earlier) and immediately (1st post) put up 8 $$$ boxes for sale and not follow the rules (PICS required, wants to communicate via text, took his time getting back to people and already had sold a box on another site 1 minute after someone on here wanted to buy a particular box and doesn't take a secure payment), needed to be removed if that is what happened.  This individual may have been legit (but what about the next guy who does the same thing).  If you guys had gotten SCAMMED / or still can get Scammed, we would of had another Drama episode post.  Rules were setup to eliminate this CRAP and we ALL need to follow the rules for our protection and call out the individuals that don't follow the Rules.  This site is setup for ALL of us to have a Good Time Talking Turkey and not get ripped off when we purchase or trade for something, period.  A BIG THANK YOU Shannon if you pulled the post down.  This stuff is a  :TrainWreck1: :TrainWreck1:   WAITING TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!

jed clampett

He never got back to me pm or email...that is when I thought something was up...congrats to the ones that got replies...he had some fine boxes!

limhnger

It's not a scam. Just technical difficulties with a computer from what I'm told. I asked for him to ship first being that it seemed strange that just being a registered member and posting a for sale ad. He had no problem with it. I gave him my contact info and I received the call 2-3 days later. I understand the rules about posting and the ad deletion. Thnx..