News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Time for a new vest....

Started by RED NECK, March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixes

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 09, 2018, 06:51:19 PM
I always wanted to go,but it's a long trip and expensive from ontario.I will be about 50-70 dollars more for the super elite 4.0 than if I purchased the primos gobbler 2 vest.I am kind of stuck as I have always wanted a super elite vest but the new primos gobbler vest looks like a great vest as well and I can get it for quite a bit less.

I am thinking of ordering the primos now, and placing the order on amazon for the super elite 4.0 and when it comes in,it comes in.It would be cheaper for the super elite 4.0 by almost 75 dollars buying it through amazon than getting it direct from company.Even if the super elite does not arrive for this season,I would still like to try it.

Do you think the gobbler 2 vest is well built and carries a lot of items?I believe the pockets on the inside are organized and have zippers?.

The Gen 2 is one of the ones that I ordered and ended up sending back, but it was well made, especailly compared to the Primos Rocker. I didn't hunt the vest, but I did pull on the pot and box call holders to see of they would come unstitched like everything on the Rocker vest. They held on nice with no issues. The vest is made big and all of the pockets were big and almost too deep. Lots of different pockets and I would of kept the vest if I had not received a Tenzing that was backordered from Amazon after 6-8 weeks of waiting.

I much preferred the Tenzing to any that I ordered and tried out, but if not for it, I would have kept the Primos Gen 2.  I hated the Nomad because of the tiny pockets that I could not get my hands into, the Alps GS arrived with a messed up pole, the Primos Rocker arrived with 2 of the pot call holders already unstitched and falling off.

So far, i have abused the crap out of the Tenzing with no issues whatsoever. I may end up ordering a spare, cause I know if I find something I like, then it will immediately be discontinued.

RED NECK

Great info.The nomad reminds me too much of the limbhanger I had and I hated that vest and the pot call pocket was horrid.I have had tenzing packs before and they were well built.Does the tenzing have zippered pockets on the inside?
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

SD_smith

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 09, 2018, 06:51:19 PM
I always wanted to go,but it's a long trip and expensive from ontario.I will be about 50-70 dollars more for the super elite 4.0 than if I purchased the primos gobbler 2 vest.I am kind of stuck as I have always wanted a super elite vest but the new primos gobbler vest looks like a great vest as well and I can get it for quite a bit less.

I am thinking of ordering the primos now, and placing the order on amazon for the super elite 4.0 and when it comes in,it comes in.It would be cheaper for the super elite 4.0 by almost 75 dollars buying it through amazon than getting it direct from company.Even if the super elite does not arrive for this season,I would still like to try it.

Do you think the gobbler 2 vest is well built and carries a lot of items?I believe the pockets on the inside are organized and have zippers?.

Pocket wise I like it better than the alpz vest. Lots of external and internal pockets! I really like their pocket setup that is on the inside of the vest up against your body. Lots of pockets and some have specific purposes, but the others are built so that you can put it together how you want it. Alpz has great pockets, but your stuff has to go where they want it and its not bad. I just like that there is enough room to kinda put stuff where you want in the primos vest. They are both good is the problem! For me its the Primos vest by a slim bit over my grand slam. The grand slam wins in versatility with where you can sit, but the super elite doesn't give you that option. Its a hard choice man.

Sixes

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 09, 2018, 07:18:46 PM
Great info.The nomad reminds me too much of the limbhanger I had and I hated that vest and the pot call pocket was horrid.I have had tenzing packs before and they were well built.Does the tenzing have zippered pockets on the inside?

Yes, the inside pockets are zippered mesh, the outside main pockets are solid, top zippered on each side. The pot call holders are magnetic as is the strap for the box call holder. All pockets except the call holders are zippered and the water bottle holders on each side are open top mesh.

RED NECK

I can have the primos gobbler 2 vest in realtree shipped to me for a pretty decent price,I can't seem to be able to find it in the green leaf pattern in ontario,online at least.I would like the green leaf pattern,just something different but not a deal breaker.

It is a hard choice during the off season,then when it actually becomes hunting season i find myself not over thinking much and enjoying the woods.I have yet to have a turkey say anything about the camo patterns on my vest, as they are usually on my shoulder heading to the truck for their last ride.

RED NECK

I am ordering the primos gobbler 2 in realtree tomorrow when I get home from work,and I am going to purchase myself a new leafy suit to go with it.I picked up breathable pants and a breathable shirt on the weekend but want to go back to a spring/green colored leafy suit and use my asat leafy suit for bowhunting in the fall.

RED NECK

I located a gobbler 2 in green leaf xl that will be around the same price and should be here well before the 25th.I am ordering it this evening after work.I am returning the run n gun 200 today,they never called me yesterday and I only went out to ship a package as it was my day off and I was busy with some work at home.

I hope the gobbler 2 vest is as nice as the reviews and as nice as my current ll bean vest,from what I read it is going to be a lot cooler to wear in the later season.

RED NECK

Who is running the alps grand slam vest? how is the pocket layout on the inside?are they zippered? I can get this vest quickly and for almost the same price as the gobbler 2.I am aware it may be heavier with the frame and legs but I will rid the vest of them if they do not work for me.I am only worried about the pockets and their layout.Seems that this vest has amazing reviews and is the "granddaddy" of them all.

RED NECK

I decided that the vest I really do want is the super elite 4.0 and I will be placing my order for it this evening or tomorrow.If it is what it looks to be,I will be returning the tactical as well.Once I find a vest I will use it for 5 years at least.It may be a bit more initial cost but it really is the one I want,sometimes you have to pay a bit more.I am ok with that.I like the layout of the super elite and I am ok that it has pockets that are for certain items,it looks very comfortable and cool on the late season scorchers.

I originally wanted the bottom land camo but I think the obsession camo is a better look on it.Thanks for all the info and enjoy the turkey woods.I am going to this spring,as I have the first 5 days booked off and then I am able to hunt every morning before work as well.

cbhunter15

Order them all, my head is spinning

RED NECK

so is mine and I am just getting started.I like to post about vests that I am interested in, and this is a thread created for that purpose.I assume that's why you opened it.Can you add some info on any of the vests?.....

RED NECK

I just purchased the primos gobbler 2 in mossy oak green leaf Xl/2xl.I will be placing the order for the super elite as well later this week.I will not have the other vest until the 18-24th so it says.

cbhunter15

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 10, 2018, 07:09:52 PM
so is mine and I am just getting started.I like to post about vests that I am interested in, and this is a thread created for that purpose.I assume that's why you opened it.Can you add some info on any of the vests?.....
I have the rng 200 and love it. Time will tell on durability but it seems like it will last. Even put a hydration bladder in the back pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quackaddict

Quote from: cbhunter15 on April 11, 2018, 10:57:31 PM
Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 10, 2018, 07:09:52 PM
I have the rng 200 and love it. Time will tell on durability but it seems like it will last. Even put a hydration bladder in the back pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got a 300 today. Little worried about how it's going to hold up too. The material is pretty thin...reminds me of Tyvex. Wondering if rough bark is going to cause it to start ripping after leaning against enough trees.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

RED NECK

My gobbler 2 vest in greenleaf shipped yesterday,I was checking out amazon earlier this morning and to my surprise, the super elite 4.0 just arrived back in stock,so I just purchased a xl/2xl in obsession camo,I will have that vest mid next week.I am done buying vests to try for this year, but I will still be buying the alps longspur and the run n' gun 300 to try out too.