OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Time for a new vest....

Started by RED NECK, March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 30, 2022, 08:58:44 AM
I owned it last spring,I paid almost $280 Canadian for it in approach camo,loaded it up way to full and sent it back. I am going to load it and test it with what I will use now and we will see. I paid $181.33 for this one, but I paid the extra 18 dollars for fast shipping. If I don't like the feel of it set up and adjusted,back it will go,  to amazon. Did you buy from bullseye north last spring?
I bought from whitetail crossing I think is what it was called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 30, 2022, 09:12:24 AM
I really liked the tidewe vest, but they were supposed to send me a bottomland one twice last spring and kept sending me the wrong camo,I used it for 2-3 days and liked it. I returned it because they basically lied and sent me the wrong finish and I liked the killin' time vest as well and decided to use it and then I started getting rips in inside pockets of it.

I was happy to see the tidewe in Realtree timber finish,not that I overly care and I know it means nothing I like wearing mix & match camo, and get tired of all the obsession finish items.

I just made a bet with a buddy that amazon sends the wrong finish again for the tidewe, my orders usually arrive in the morning. I will know soon enough.

I like the idea of the tidewe for a few reasons, It comfortable,lots of room and It's adaptable for any hunt, or trip you may need it for.

It's a better version of the grandslam, from my perspective having tried both out. It's just a fun experiment to try, test and see what you want and like, everybody is different and has their own likes and dislikes.

Somedays I want all my gear, other days I want just a mouthcall and a bottle of water,tags, and tp.

I don't believe there is a "perfect" vest and probably never will be, for everybody.
I agree 100%. Some days I want to carry 4 pot calls, 6 or 7 strikers, a box call, a long box, a trumpet, mouth calls and my tp, water, etc. Some days I just want a mouth call or two and my gun. I've tried nearly all of them such as yourself and I keep going back to my field line vest my dad bought me when I started hunting 20 years ago. I bought a Glenda green satchel last year and I really like it the couple of times I've carried it.

ScottTaulbee

Quote from: WV Flopper on January 30, 2022, 11:56:05 AM
I have a question. If any one has used the Alps Long Spur: My question is do the chest pockets get in the way or change the ergonomics of carrying a slung gun over the shoulder? I shoulder a gun a lot, it appears those pockets could hamper the way a gun carries. Only carrying over one shoulder not across the chest

I am thinking this may be a good vest for me with the removal of the lumbar pack, not thinking I need that feature.
I had the long spur, I actually still have it but I won't wear it. The pockets do get in the way and are super floppy. I didn't like it at all as a turkey vest but decided to try to wear it for deer hunting. I strapped a line wolf hand climber seat (5 pounds) to the lumbar pack and it ripped the zipper off walking in. From my experience it's poor quality and not a very good vest for turkey hunting

WV Flopper

Dazzler

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 30, 2022, 11:22:18 AM
It's here, and they shipped the correct one. I almost forgot how comfy these fit, I would rate these in the top end of vests I have tried and used, I do wish It had a water bottle holder on the side but I'll just throw it in back pouch anyway.
How's the sizing on the Tidwe?  Reviews I've read mentions it's rather large.

RED NECK

It fits me fine and I am 6" and 230ish,maybe 235. I like the fit, lots of adjustment as well.

Buh Bye Patty....Joey Franchise is here!!!! Go Bengals!!!
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on January 30, 2022, 06:31:36 PM
It fits me fine and I am 6" and 230ish,maybe 235. I like the fit, lots of adjustment as well.

Buh Bye Patty....Joey Franchise is here!!!! Go Bengals!!!
Who dey?...Who dey?....

Another great coaching call by Andy Reid before the half...... :popcorn:

RED NECK

I received the badlands vest today, and I really am not sure why I dabbled with it again, Its not for me. I shipped it and the Super elite 4.0 back and I kept the tidewe vest, I am still waiting on some others and maybe I'll try a few more but I am really impressed with the tidewe as I was last spring. The one thing that is odd to me, is having as many shell holders as they do, on both sides of vest, other than that I find it very comfy and I like the fit and feel of the vest. I probably won't use the kickstand a lot but I like having the option if needed.

I never have cared if there was shell holders on any vest as I always carry them in my pants pocket if not in gun but I'd rather them be there than not I guess.

RED NECK

I received the alps diamondback vests today and the primos lumber pack, I don't believe the alps diamondback vests are made for men, they have to be kids vests as they are even smaller than I even imagined,oh well. I do like the lumber pack from primos and you can add pouches etc to the sides of them. I'll be using it for hunting,maybe turkey hunting, maybe not. I don't think I'll be giving the vests away as I was told the boys got some for Christmas. I am going to sell them locally.

If they built the alps diamondback in a size that would fit more than a 6-8 yr old they would sell lots, I would use one of them.