turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Time for a new vest....

Started by RED NECK, March 24, 2018, 06:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Since I am home until I head back up to camp for weekend tomorrow,I am going to transfer all my stuff from the super elite 4.0 into the gobbler 2 and hunt with it this weekend,I already know that I really like the super elite 4.0 so I can try the gobbler 2 out now,I am keeping it anyway,It will head to the basement with the others if it does not work for me.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I tried it with my stuff in it,I cant use it.I like the super elite 4.0.I am going to list it in classifieds for sale tonight,I am just heading out to call for my mother and she if she can get a turkey,the vest is new,never been outside.I just took tags off and loaded it with my stuff.Primos gobbler 2 xl/2xl green leaf $75.00 us will take it.I only will take paypal and I will list it tonight,that is tyd pricing.

RED NECK

The lady from Bass pro shop had called yesterday and left me a message that my knight n hale 300 finally arrived at their store,I am calling her today and having her ship it overnight.I plan on using it for my "run n gun" hunting and using the super elite for my morning hunts.I slept in today as it is pouring rain and freezing cold.I am heading this morning to pick my base up for my tc pro hunter 20 gauge and my reflex sight should be here tomorrow.I will pattern it midday saturday and be toting it for the next week.

RED NECK

No base arrived,I also have not heard from bass pro today,so I think the vest will be shipped either friday or next week but I will have it early next week.I also picked up 4 boxes of 20 gauge hevi-shot this morning,3-6's and 1-5"s.I am now more than set for a few years with shells for the tc.

RED NECK

We are two for two,I cant believe the start to our season.We went back in to one of our spots yesterday morning and my father took a nice tom,he weighed 20 lbs 10 oz with a 10" beard and 1 3/8 spurs.If not for torrential downpour I wood be in the woods today but it has rained since 10pm last night and when i got up at 4am,it was nasty weather.I just mounted the reflex sight on my tc pro hunter 20 gauge and am going to pattern it and dial it in and then go and sit in a ground blind for a few hours,the rain has stopped right now but is supposed to continue the next few days,this has been a miserable spring weather wise.

I have the run n gun 300 on its way,will be here by wednesday.As for the super elite 4.0,after a few days hunting with it.It is awesome and the reason i want the run n gun is because I always wanted something lighter and smallish for the days that I spend walking all day,pretty excited to get it,as the 200 was awesome,just a tad small.I am having a great weekend with my father and hopefully we can get on another bird.I am taking my mother as well and hopefully she can get a chance at a jake or a tom later or tomorrow.

RED NECK

I just finished ordering a water bottle molle holder and an accessory molle pouch to hold binos or rangefinder if needed,I should have everything and the vest by mid week to try out.It is supposed to be snowing and cold in morning,I am not sure If i am going out in the am or not.I already have one of my two tags filled and over a month to hunt.

I did get my gun dialed in this afternoon with the reflex sight though,so at least that is done.

RED NECK

I had a great hunt today,just no longbeards,I had 6 jakes at 14 yards.I got home and my molle water bottle holder and accessory pouch to hold my binos and rangefinder that I plan on attaching to the the run n gun 300 arrived,the binos and rangefinder fit and extra room for a few other small items if needed.Heading back out in the am,I am on vacation until next monday and am going to enjoy it.

Nice weather the next two days as well.I hope it gets them fired up as I watched the 6 jakes from the trees for over an hour today,they never made a sound in the trees or on the ground.It has been really cold,windy and rainy the first 5 days so far but that is supposed to be changing.

tha bugman

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 30, 2018, 06:32:04 PM
I had a great hunt today,just no longbeards,I had 6 jakes at 14 yards.I got home and my molle water bottle holder and accessory pouch to hold my binos and rangefinder that I plan on attaching to the the run n gun 300 arrived,the binos and rangefinder fit and extra room for a few other small items if needed.Heading back out in the am,I am on vacation until next monday and am going to enjoy it.

Nice weather the next two days as well.I hope it gets them fired up as I watched the 6 jakes from the trees for over an hour today,they never made a sound in the trees or on the ground.It has been really cold,windy and rainy the first 5 days so far but that is supposed to be changing.
Enjoy yourself and good luck!!

RED NECK

run n gun 300 just arrived,It is in obsession camo too,the lady at bass pro told me it was realtree camo.I am happy it's obsession.I am loading it up and heading out for a few hours this afternoon.I had some action today but could not get the tom to come within 40 yards.They were henned up and the hens stayed out around 60 yards.I am going to put up a blind where the jakes are roosting and hanging around and plan on taking my mother tomorrow.

RED NECK

I have to say that of all the vests i have bought and tried over the years,the run n gun 300 is my favorite.I just spend 3 hours run n gunning with it packed with all my stuff and it is comfortable and light,and it isn't hot.It has way more room then the 200 and I will be taking the molle accessory bag off as It isn't needed.I can put rangefinder and binos in pockets.I have extra pockets with nothing in them....that will change.I give this vest an 11-10.

I hope I sell the primos gobbler 2,the super elite 4.0 has been shipped back to amazon this morning and the tater 2 went back a month ago,still waiting for the refund.It may have taken me a month and a handful of vests,but this is the one that I will be using.It does everything extremely well.My hat is off to Knight & Hale.

I can comfortably draw my bow with this vest on and that is an added bonus as I like to take my bow,but I hate ground blind hunting.I put the blind up for my mother tomorrow.

land cruiser

Sounds like the search is over, congratulations!

FL-Boss

I got the RNG 300 today...and I'm keeping it.  I have tried nearly every vest imaginable (I think 6 vests just this season) and this one is pretty good.  Very adjustable and actually fits guys under 200lbs.

RED NECK

I just went through and organized the rbg 300 a little more,It is a great vest.I really do not use my rangefinder a ton turkey hunting,unless I am bowhunting and even then it is rare.I am thinking of just carrying it in the backpack part of the vest which is huge.I have my saw,pruners,thermacell,refills,toilet paper,extra face mask and gloves,chalk,sandpaper etc.I am thinking of throwing my long box call in as well.Lots of room,if need to add more stuff.I still have empty pockets up front,but I think that will change over the next few days,as I may add another pot call or two,I have 3 in it so far.When they say it is extremely adjustable and thought out well,they were not lying.The pot calls do not budge in the pockets on the outside and there is more than enough pockets to hold everything.I am keeping one pocket for cookies and breakfast bars,it is that big. :jackson:

RED NECK

I really like the rng 300',I will continue to use it...mostly for gun hunting.I just bought the alps long spur for bowhunting them,in a blind and run n' bow.I wanted to reward myself for the opening of fall turkey season on oct 1st...I get a whole month to bow hunt them now....I may even take this new little treat on my moose hunt in a week.

wvmntnhick

Glad u like ur vest. I've got the original promos gobbler vest and it's been great. But, because it has a ton of space and pockets, I tend to overload it. Got a Cabela's TT2 two years ago and love it because it limits what I can carry. Down to 2-3 pots, box call or scratch box, owl and crow call, few diaphragm calls, couple of shells, water bottle and couple lightweight Montana decoys and I'm on my way. Like them both but lean towards the latter. Grab my vestless shirt when I wanna go real light. Congrats with ur choices. Hope all goes well in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk