turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Woodhaven mouth calls

Started by KYHeadhunter02, March 10, 2018, 09:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Downs

I've had my best luck with Woodhaven and Sadler McGraw's Champion's Choice.  Yes, the Woodhaven's take a little more air on the beginning, but once broken in, they run easy(to me anyway).  I don't like the price, but I'll have to say, they last me longer than any other I've ever tried.  Sadler's calls are smokin' too.  His ghost cuts are on point.  They require a little break in period too, but not as much as the Woodhavens.  One good thing about Woodhaven is if you don't like the latex configuration, try a different one.  They make a ton of calls in different latex/proph combinations.  Never had a problem with inconsistency, but like I said, I don't buy them every year.  They are tough enough to last me a few seasons, before needing to replace them.(just my experiences).  I've tried several calls over the years and won't name any names, as some are very popular here.  Most sound great at the beginning, but they'll go flat before the season is out or the tape wears out and falls apart(Yes, I alternate calls and also take good care of them after the day's hunt).  They're are a few more brands I'm looking into trying, just haven't had the chance yet.  I'm going to give Houndstooth a serious look very soon.  I like what I'm reading about his calls and the audio I've heard of them is spot on.