turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hen box holsters ?? Thoughts ??

Started by Yoder409, March 09, 2018, 09:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

I've been approached and in conversation by a gentleman who inquired as to whether I had ever done a handled hen box holster............ specifically a Hudson box.

I have not.

I guess I'm looking for input on what sort of demand there might be for such a holster in considering whether the design process would be time well spent ...........

Thanks for your thoughts !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

letinmfly

I'll need two. One for the small and one for the bigger size Hen box that Richard makes. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

DocHolliday

Coop1082

Highly interested. I own two of his full size hen boxes and don't have a solid way to tote them in the woods other than just in hand or tossed into my vest. Neither of which I prefer to do so something to keep them protected and holstered would be outstanding!
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

jordanz7935

Im definately interested. Need a solid and secure way to carry my hen box. Itll squeeze into my vest but if i know im gonna be putting alot of miles on ill usually leave the hen box at home.

bobk

Sir-diealot

I was just thinking about holsters for the Woodhaven Custom Calls Ninja Hen Box I won here and for a long box by Russell Beard I have coming last night and this morning as a matter of fact.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Rapscallion Vermilion

I am interested and have a buddy that could use one.

Yoder409

It appears that there may be enough of a demand to try to put a holster together.

Please stand by...................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

West Augusta

I'd also like to see what you come up with.  I'll be carrying a hen box this year.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

sixbird

I'd be real interested in one for a regular hen box and one for a mini...I have a friend who expressed interest also...

mgm1955

Definitely interested in seeing what you come up with.

Yoder409

We have an initial prototype.

It is packaged and will be on its way tomorrow to my hand-picked evaluator. 

Stay tuned.
PA elitist since 1979

merriamsman

How will you deal with the different sizes - I don't know much about hen boxes, but it sounds like there's quite a bit of variation in the shape and size from the various call makers. Maybe I'm wrong on this - can the hen box experts chime in?

I'm getting a hen box from Matt Fulkerson, so if your holster will work with that call, I'd definitely be interested.

Yoder409

We're trying to make it small enough so as to not totally swallow the smaller boxes, yet large enough to securely hold the bigger ones.  If we have to tweek this or make an adjustment on that............we can do that.

A field evaluation of the prototype is forthcoming, so.....................
PA elitist since 1979