turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran Box Call Question

Started by 870BkWht, March 05, 2018, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

To me his box calls have a different sound than your typical cost style box. They are smaller. I personally didn't care for the ones I had but I'm sure they will work ok in the woods.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

jed clampett

I.bought his limited edition walnut/butternut last year..and dand was really dissapointed...it was my 1st halloran box

chefrific

I've got his purple heart/cedar and just picked up one of his Macassar Ebony/Walnut boxes. Definitely prefer the ebony/walnut. Both really raspy. A little higher strung than my other boxes. I've called a ton of birds with the purple heart and I'm sure the ebony walnut will be killer this spring.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Quote from: vt35mag on March 06, 2018, 07:30:58 PM
Got home and found a box from David on the table. MM2 and ebony/walnut was inside. I just ran all 3 ebony boxes and I like the walnut the best for sure. I will try and make some files this weekend.
The addiction runs deep with you.. you think I could get those sound files when you have em

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dzsmith

Quote from: yelpy on March 09, 2018, 06:49:51 PM
To me his box calls have a different sound than your typical cost style box. They are smaller. I personally didn't care for the ones I had but I'm sure they will work ok in the woods.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

of course they will work in the woods. turkeys do not sit there with a pen and paper grading whether or not they think a call sounds perfect or not. we strive to have calls that sound as good as they can, but the reality of the situation is turkeys all sound different and quite often they sound pretty bad themselves. way more factors to calling a turkey up vs the perfection of a calls sound. if the call can produce the generic vocabulary of the wild hen, and is used at the right times on the right birds ...it will call them up. davids calls are definetly better than average....if I had any complaint at all....they are a little on the loud side but that's about it.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Jgarrett

His 2 best are the PH/Cedar and Mac Ebony/Walnut...hands down.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida