turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wingbone newb

Started by KYHeadhunter02, February 26, 2018, 07:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

I'm big into collecting pot calls, and cant get enough of them. However a wingbone and trumpet produce unique sounds that other calls simply can't. I'm thinking about adding a wingbone to my arsenal. Have any of you experienced a time hunting where a wingbone gave you an advantage over other calls, or felt like it helped you hunting?

Is there a particular call maker I should look at for avwing bone? I almost bought one last year from Kevin Rouse.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

antnye

Mark Sharpe and Tony Ezolt both make easy to play bones that are deadly and beautiful.

coyote1

I have one being made by Tony right now. It sounded great on the phone and you couldn't ask for a nicer guy to deal with.

guesswho

I can't think of a situation where it really offers an advantage over other calls, except maybe accessibility.  Around your neck its always within easy reach.   But like any call, sometimes its the one a bird seems to like and will respond to.  So having one around your neck sure isn't going to hurt.  My hunting call was made by Mark Sharpe.  If they get any better I don't see how.  Awesome call and a great guy to deal with, though you might be on the phone a spell.  The boy likes to talk.  Highly recommend his calls.     
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Austy

Yes sir either of those two fellas can hook you up with a great sounding wingbone call that looks good too.

idratherb

Ezolt, sharpe and Don Sitton are the only Wingbones calls you'll ever need to own.

M Sharpe

Thanks guys! Ronnie, I'll call ya tomorrow evening!!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

guesswho

Quote from: M Sharpe on February 27, 2018, 10:52:51 PM
Thanks guys! Ronnie, I'll call ya tomorrow evening!!!  :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Make it early.   I go to bed about 9:30 :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

2nd 100

Mark Sharpe really does build some eye candy but it doesn't stop there they do sound spectacular.
And in my opinion they excell on days with high winds as I have called birds from upwind in 25+ mph winds in Ga and out West with wingbones and Trumpets. I really had a hard time learning a diaphram call and the trumpets acccounted for my first 3 birds and 2 more calles in for friends. Therefore I value a wingbone in my Arsenal.

Fatbeard

I am still making the wingbones. Bent Creek Wingbones on facebook. They have really came on and had 5 medal at Nashville, 3 in Ohio, 3 in Va, 3 in W Va and 1 in Southeastern this weekend
East TN Beard Buster