OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Remington 870 Federal HWT 7s

Started by WVGOBBLER1997, February 26, 2018, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVGOBBLER1997

Remington 870
26" barrel
Trulock HWT choke .650
HWT 7s 3.5"

The pattern went slightly low and to the left but never the less it'll kill one. Count was 194 in the 10" at 40 yards. Also, this was with a super clean barrel.

g8rvet

My 26" 870 shoots better with a slightly dirty barrel.  I now just shoot a bird shot or two through it and then test it.  Always got better after a couple of shots. I polished it once and it got worse!   Now I just give it a wipe down after duck season, run a swab through the barrel and let it rock (I don't use it for turkeys, but my son does). 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Gobble!

Big Jeremy

BINK McCARTY

That's a "killer" pattern!!!!One of the best I've seen with the Federal HWT #7s .

mightyjoeyoung

My 835 with the truglo .670 smackdown and my SBE II with the Carlson's LB choke both put up an almost perfect 50/50 pattern with the 3.5" 7s.  SEVERELY misjudged my range on my first bird last year in the rain and fog with some brush between us and those 7s knocked him FLAT!  I won't say the range but it was WAAAAY out of my normal 40 yard max...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.