News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Several Sponsors Dump NRA

Started by 1iagobblergetter, February 25, 2018, 07:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HFultzjr

HFultzjr

Yes, they have MY attention, do they have YOURS?
:character0029:

Chris O

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 25, 2018, 09:38:36 AM
Strange how 30 years ago every high school in the south had trucks with guns hanging in the back glass including mine and none of these shootings ever took place. Mental disorders along with screwed up parenting techniques are the main culprits at play in my opinion.
It was the same at my high school everyone had a shot gun for pheasant hunting after school.
I think If the news crews didn't publicize all of these school shootings they wouldn't happen near as much. What they should publicize is the 17 families who lost their loved ones to the whack job. They should let the families have that kid for 1 hour to do whatever they want to do with him and show that on every tv station

dayna105

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on February 25, 2018, 10:53:06 AM
They took God out of schools and they took punishment away.  Kids need their butts beat, not their cell phones taken away for an hour.  The youth of today feel invincible because nobody can touch them.  Parents aren't being parents anymore,  they are being their child's friend. 
No shootings occurred when there was a wood shed out back.

Agree....no truer words has been spoken.

idgobble

My main problem with the NRA is that many of the politicians they support are the worst ones on the habitat and public land issues, meaning they want public land turned over to the states which have a history of selling it to the highest bidder and they certainly don't care about habitat for wildlife.  NRA is also very alarmist and seems like they are more interested in promoting gun manufacturers than looking at solutions to many of the gun violence problems. It also created the biggest flaw in the background check system by financing and arguing the US Supreme Court case that let states off the hook in reporting convictions. As a gun owner for over 60 years my opinion of the NRA is a lot lower than it used to be.  I mostly support wildlife conservation organizations now.

treein dixie

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 25, 2018, 09:38:36 AM
Strange how 30 years ago every high school in the south had trucks with guns hanging in the back glass including mine and none of these shootings ever took place. Mental disorders along with screwed up parenting techniques are the main culprits at play in my opinion.

screwed up parenting techniques are the main culprits at play in my opinion.

Amen to that!!!!!!!

Bowguy

Quote from: compton30 on February 25, 2018, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: coyote1 on February 25, 2018, 09:33:04 AM
Blaming the gun is like blaming the hammer when a carpenter hits their thumb or the spoon for someone being overweight.

We blame cocaine and heroin for people abusing them. Just saying.
Compton, we know which candidates you stand by but this is a pro gun site. Liberals are legalizing drugs. That's your side remember that. They've also tried to redefine marriage and families and say the Bible is a story book. No personal attack on you but the liberal mentality is a big part of the problem

Old Gobbler

I live approximately 3.5 miles from the incident. ..let's say there are some freaked out folks arround here

The anger and blame on the shooting changes day by day ...with more of it being transferred to the local and fedwral authorities , there were countless tip offs visits to his home ....weapons violations on school like bringing knives

At first the NRA and especially ar15's are the whipping boy...that blame seems to be easing --don't worry about these sponsors ...there only in it for the money

Unfortunately we have bigger issues to tend to and everyone knows it
1) trump won florida with 100,000 votes in 2016 , you can kiss those votes goodbye. ...he has 2 and a half years to get to win those votes back - I think he can do it

2) Marco Rubio. ..he is in big trouble ...he looses his seat , this could contribute to loosing the Senate majority

3) if there isn't some sort of a "giveback" with trumps proposed gun control. ...#1 and #2 WILL HAPPEN florida is a swing state .....and if trump looses FLORIDA ...you cant be president --the sad reality of the electoral system

4) if there is no proposed trump gun control plan in put in place for a "feel good" bill , in 2020 the democrats will beat trump in florida ...not saying this will happen ...just speculating ,  and if they get in there will be a more serious antI gun bill thrown in the Senate and across the desk of whoever the president will be ...that's why trump is desperate to get a gun bill in ...IT'S A GIVEBACK TO WIN FLORIDA VOTERS FOR 2020
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

zelmo1

:fud:   I check every day and for the 12775th day in a row, none of my guns have broken the law. Keep your $$ where it will support your views. Just my view, Al Baker

tha bugman

I went into a gun store on Saturday and the shelves looked bare.