OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Several Sponsors Dump NRA

Started by 1iagobblergetter, February 25, 2018, 07:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teduardo

I'm Southern, love hunting, love guns and don't think gun control will solve the problems with society today. But I don't care for the NRA. Way too much going into politicians pockets for my taste. This is just my opinion. Don't chastise me about it, because I'm not going to argue over it. I don't like ANY company, organization or individual that pours money into lobbying. That's not how our government is "supposed" to work. Just my $.02.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KentuckyHeadhunter

They took God out of schools and they took punishment away.  Kids need their butts beat, not their cell phones taken away for an hour.  The youth of today feel invincible because nobody can touch them.  Parents aren't being parents anymore,  they are being their child's friend. 
No shootings occurred when there was a wood shed out back. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

joey46

Over the years I have been quoted "special" rates using these type organizational discounts and always done better using Priceline etc.  No big loss for me.  I do always try and protest with my wallet so we'll try and avoid any of the listed companies when possible.  BTW - I did just extend my NRA membership during this shenanigans.

coyote1

Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 25, 2018, 10:45:27 AM
Quote from: compton30 on February 25, 2018, 10:25:31 AM
Quote from: coyote1 on February 25, 2018, 09:33:04 AM
Blaming the gun is like blaming the hammer when a carpenter hits their thumb or the spoon for someone being overweight.

We blame cocaine and heroin for people abusing them. Just saying.

Not sure who we is but I sure don't blame the drug I blame the moron that takes them. 

Blaming the object is a liberal way of thinking.

Exactly. It's not the object, it's the people.

coyote1

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on February 25, 2018, 10:53:06 AM
They took God out of schools and they took punishment away.  Kids need their butts beat, not their cell phones taken away for an hour.  The youth of today feel invincible because nobody can touch them.  Parents aren't being parents anymore,  they are being their child's friend. 
No shootings occurred when there was a wood shed out back.

I agree. This is a very big part of the problem.

tracker#1

I just upgraded to PATRON member. I also took the list of "knee jerk" companies and sent them letters boycotting them this morning. Don't sit back and let others do the work for you. It' how you stand that matters.....

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Teduardo on February 25, 2018, 10:46:54 AM
I'm Southern, love hunting, love guns and don't think gun control will solve the problems with society today. But I don't care for the NRA. Way too much going into politicians pockets for my taste. This is just my opinion. Don't chastise me about it, because I'm not going to argue over it. I don't like ANY company, organization or individual that pours money into lobbying. That's not how our government is "supposed" to work. Just my $.02.

I don't like lobbyists either but you can bet that the anti-gunners are sure going to pour money into taking them away so I'll add money to a group that will help fight to keep them.

How it's supposed to work and how it actually works have been different for a very long time.

TauntoHawk

12 teenagers a day die due to texting and driving I want apple held accountable and cell phones regulated or banned.

Or it could be disregard for human life, disgraceful parenting, medicating our youth, and the fact that we don't protect our schools with anything more than a sign.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Teduardo

Quote from: Tom Foolery on February 25, 2018, 12:38:44 PM
Quote from: Teduardo on February 25, 2018, 10:46:54 AM

I don't like lobbyists either but you can bet that the anti-gunners are sure going to pour money into taking them away so I'll add money to a group that will help fight to keep them.

How it's supposed to work and how it actually works have been different for a very long time.
I agree that it's been different for a long time. And I respect your choice to support the NRA. It's not like I protest them.

compton30

Blaming the gun is like blaming the hammer when a carpenter hits their thumb or the spoon for someone being overweight.

Not sure who we is but I sure don't blame the drug I blame the moron that takes them. 

Then why are cocaine and heroin illegal substances?

Sir-diealot

I wrote this last year and have posted it several time on Facebook. The last sentence is for the anti's not us here.

I have said this before, in the hands of a cook a fire can be used to make a wonderful meal for those they love but in the hands of an arsonist that same fire could be used to kill, destroy and maim. In the hands of a parent a vehicle can be used to take their children to a soccer game or to see loved ones but in the hands of a drunk driver can be used to destroy lives forever and to kill. A knife can be used to prepare a meal for your family or it can be used to go on a stabbing spree as happened in China a few days ago. A jet can be used to take us to far away places to see incredible wonders in lands which may otherwise never be seen or it can take us to see those we love but as we saw in 9/11 the same jets can be used to kill thousands of people. A gun can be used to put food on the table or to save a life but in the hands of somebody with malcontent can be used to murder. We look at all but the gun and we punish the person that did the crime but we have not cried to outlaw cars,jets,knives or fire so why do we want to outlaw an inanimate object? Why not take all those other things away? Heck we should take away bows and arrows by that way of thought, if you look at history they have killed far more than guns. If you are willing to get rid of fire, jets, cars, knives a anything else that has ever been used to kill somebody then talk to me about guns but you will never do that because that would make your life inconvenient, it is easier for you to take away from us than it is for you to take away from yourselves, your a bunch of hypocrites.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Tom Foolery

Quote from: compton30 on February 25, 2018, 01:01:28 PM

Cause someone thought making them illegal would fix the problem an people wouldn't use them any more.

It doesn't seem to be working since people are the problem.  If a pile of cocaine was laying infront of you would it attack you and force you to use it?   

Jbird22

Quote from: compton30 on February 25, 2018, 01:01:28 PM

If you buy cocaine or heroin, you are a dopehead!

Only a minuscule percentage of people who buy guns use them to commit crimes.

gergg

They are all false flags, the USA is being played by the CIA/FBI/US Govt(Dems & Repubs)/Elite cabal....... Before you call me crazy, read through the following link for a few days....the rabbit hole is deep, but the truth is there.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/qanon?lang=en&lang=en

https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

HFultzjr

Here is the link to the NRA response to the boycott.
Hope we can get some kind of petition going to tell these a-holes that we can also boycott THEM.
If 1/2 the NRA members joined a boycott, I think that would send a very powerful message.
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180224/nra-statement-on-corporate-partnerships
:character0029: