turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lynch world champion something doesn't sound right

Started by jbo225, February 20, 2018, 08:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbo225

I have a Lynch world champion and when im calling and when i start to get to the bottom of the paddle it sounds like it whines real sharp noise does it suppose to have that right pitch wining noise?

jbo225

Yoder409

Have you played around with the paddle screw at all ??

They make production calls by the thousands.  There's a good chance the factory tuning may leave a bit to be desired.

Loosen the screw quarter turn at a time and try playing the call.  See what that gets you.  Maybe a turn and a half, max.   If it doesn't suit your ear somewhere along the way, return the screw to it's present "zero" and tighten it a quarter turn at a time.   If and when it starts to tighten up, stop.   Don't wanna risk splitting the end block.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Yoder409

Oops......... First things first.

Rub the soundboards down a little with a slate call pad or some very fine sandpaper just to take any shine off.    Then chalk the soundboards and paddle well with a dustless chalk.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

jbo225

I'll give that a try sanding down the sound board. Ive made adjustments back and forth still has a whine at the end of the yelp I'll try sanding see how it does

Yoder409

Fine sandpaper and ONLY enough to take any shine off the soundboards.
PA elitist since 1979