turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Harold Fowler striker question

Started by reynolds243, February 17, 2018, 08:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

Looking to order a few more from him and looking for opinions.

Leaning toward a 2 piece of Ebony and something as the top and tulipwood and something as the top. Anyone run these and have suggestions on the top part or overall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Do not have them but plan on getting a tulipwood in the near future. I suggest calling Mr. Fowler and speaking with him. Tell him what you are looking for and he will help you, it is worth the time to speak with him.

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

reynolds243

Quote from: davisd9 on February 17, 2018, 08:48:51 PM
Do not have them but plan on getting a tulipwood in the near future. I suggest calling Mr. Fowler and speaking with him. Tell him what you are looking for and he will help you, it is worth the time to speak with him.

No doubt I love talking to the guy lol. Just looking for other field use opinions.

BottomLand54

i just got 14 of em of all sorts and cannot tell you that any are bad lol

davisd9

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 17, 2018, 08:55:56 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 17, 2018, 08:48:51 PM

No doubt I love talking to the guy lol. Just looking for other field use opinions.

Makes sense. Most of my 2 pieces have an Osage top

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

chefrific

Just saw Harold at a show in Perry, GA. He said to get his tulipwood while you can. Getting scarce.
Give him a call. And check out his high end 5 piece strikers. You can get some wicked combinations.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OHturkey85

I have tulipwood with a hickory top that I absolutely love it's my second favorite next to a ipe with a hickory top

Happy hooker

Do you guys have a thought on which one of his strikers or combination s will mellow out a Crystal call that's high pitched,,

bowbird87

Osage over snakewood
Tulipwood
Ipe
Black locust

These are a few of my favorites

Bowguy

Tulipwood is awesome, same for snakewood.

davisd9

Quote from: Happy hooker on February 18, 2018, 02:31:11 AM
Do you guys have a thought on which one of his strikers or combination s will mellow out a Crystal call that's high pitched,,

He can tell you better than we can. He emails back quickly

sbbow

Get a one piece tulipwood you won't be sorry. It's probably one the the prettiest strikers I got besides his one piece Mac ebony

reynolds243

Quote from: sbbow on February 18, 2018, 09:43:37 AM
Get a one piece tulipwood you won't be sorry. It's probably one the the prettiest strikers I got besides his one piece Mac ebony

I'd love to but just don't have the funds for the one piece lol.

reynolds243

Quote from: davisd9 on February 18, 2018, 09:38:46 AM
Quote from: Happy hooker on February 18, 2018, 02:31:11 AM

He can tell you better than we can. He emails back quickly

For me I use a very dense wood like ebony and even Osage to tone the pitch down some. Others like pink ivory or ironwood are other options.

sbbow

Understand.